In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Another Month of vaction

savage170savage170 Member Posts: 37,454 ✭✭✭✭
without pay Disney announced today the opening will be July 11 

Comments

• Options
    yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 21,059 ✭✭✭✭
    Good thing they got all that Star Wars and Marvel money.
  • Options
    gjshawgjshaw Member Posts: 14,697 ✭✭✭✭

We will get called back to work just in time to see reduced hours and major layoffs this time. Being furloughed we have our benefits and insurance but after 911 they cut our hours and layed off people with 15 years and less. It will be worse this time for awhile. I’m looking forward to going back to work at Disney.

• Options
    pulsarncpulsarnc Member Posts: 6,257 ✭✭✭✭
    Hang in there guys , things will turn around .......... eventually
    cry Havoc and let slip  the dogs of war..... 
  • Options
    asopasop Member Posts: 8,911 ✭✭✭✭
    Gary-Gary Hang in here.  My family and I have enjoyed your parks for MANY years now (3 generations).  Everybody in my estimation does a really great job. Great place to visit as they say :)
  • Options
    montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 58,013 ******
    you guys going be able to get by??
  • Options
    Into my savings it wouldn't be quite as bad if Florida could figure their unemployment out. If it goes  too much past July You may want to watch Casey's auctions For a bunch of Smith and Wessons and Marlins
  • Options
    montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 58,013 ******
    Dang, best wishes for you guys.
  • Options
    bustedkneebustedknee Member Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭✭
    savage170 said:
    Into my savings it wouldn't be quite as bad if Florida could figure their unemployment out. If it goes  too much past July You may want to watch Casey's auctions For a bunch of Smith and Wessons and Marlins
    Selling some of the "Precious Metal" from my collection pulled me out of a couple tight spots over the years. 
    I am blessed for having owned them.

I can't believe they misspelled "Pork and Beans!"
  • Options
    MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,788 ✭✭✭✭
    w/o pay?? that sucks 
    Lots more people need to ask some specific questions about their employment status.
  • Options
    gjshawgjshaw Member Posts: 14,697 ✭✭✭✭

We are both getting the federal unemployment checks and the state unemployment. Gary is in very good shape as he has two others in his house that are bringing in good money. I’m lucky that my wife has a good retirement income so I’m sure there is a bunch out there a lot worse off than either one of us.

• Options
    KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭

I agree. There are specific Covid-19 related Unemployment benefits. I have been told, "everything Covid-19 related is being approved." This per the VA. Unemployment Commission.

You have paid in over the years. Don't be shy about applying for it, when you need it. Don't wipe out your Savings.

My 2 cents.

• Options
    edited May 2020
    gjshaw said:

We are both getting the federal unemployment checks and the state unemployment. Gary is in very good shape as he has two others in his house that are bringing in good money. I’m lucky that my wife has a good retirement income so I’m sure there is a bunch out there a lot worse off than either one of us.

I have been denied again and the others in my household income has been reduced  even more their company is just barely hanging on. Actually today is the last day for one of them for at least for a month
  • Options
    mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,297 ✭✭✭✭
    Shame is while we are beginning to reopen I believe we have yet to see the true economic results of this pandemic. I think 6 months from now the market will be significantly lower along with most other assets unless the Feds keep pumping the presses.
    Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!