In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Sellers. How do you avoid retaliation negative feedback?

WulfmannWulfmann Member Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭
I have a problematic buyer. Ignored all emails both through GB and direct. Briefly said payment was sent (online service) but while that is within a minute for everyone else in 48 hours nothing.
When I threatened to cancel and give an "F" received a partial payment (Chose to use friendly payment not commercial but via commercial so I would have to pay the fees contrary to clear instructions on the auction)
I returned the payment as it was less than the auction stated.
I blocked the bidder hoping that would cancel the sale and bump it to the next highest bidder but alas guess not.
I believe the difficulty should be made known for other sellers but I fear retaliation on my 15 years of 100% feedback.
Frankly this is annoying and makes me wonder how you big guys tolerate the derp.
I don't have to do this and if I get retaliation negative feedback I will simple stop GB.
Is there some way to give legitimate feedback without being slammed unfairly?
3YUCmbB.jpg
"Fools learn from their own mistakes. I learn from the mistakes of others"
Otto von Bismarck

Comments

• WarbirdsWarbirds Member Posts: 16,814 ✭✭✭✭

The simple solution, which I have recommended to the kings of the auction side, is for feedback to be hidden until both parties leave feedback.

If only 1 party leaves feedback, after 30 days it gets locked and the submitted feedback gets posted.

My philosophical answer doesn’t do much to solve your concern today.

• nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 35,988 ******
    Support has been known to investigate such cases, and remove retaliatory feedback.  Ask them.
  • GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,704 ✭✭✭✭
    Support will look at it and remove if needed. I have had it done and they worked with me and not the clown "buyers".
  • steve45steve45 Member Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭
    I had a buyer similar to others above. Did not send the correct amount of money and then said he wasn't going to. All my conversations were thru GB email system. I sent his payment back and gave him bad feedback. GB removed his feedback (and him) I assume they just read the emails.
  • steve45steve45 Member Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭
    If you have 15 years of good feedback one negitive from a non paying bidder isn't going to hurt you.
  • WulfmannWulfmann Member Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭
    steve45 said:
    If you have 15 years of good feedback one negitive from a non paying bidder isn't going to hurt you.
    It would bother me if it were not justified.
    Thanks for the replies particularly about CS checking out the facts.
    Buyer finally paid the correct amount but not once answered an email or offered any reason for his actions.
    I have packed up the projectiles and have them out to leave today.
    His less than normal actions do not relive me of doing things right on my end
    3YUCmbB.jpg
    "Fools learn from their own mistakes. I learn from the mistakes of others"
    Otto von Bismarck
  • nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,875 ✭✭✭✭
    I once had retaliatory FB left for me.  I filed a complaint with support.  They changed both buyer & seller FB to "C", & locked any further postings on the item.
    Neal
  • chollagardenschollagardens Member Posts: 4,614 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    steve45 posted  If you have 15 years of good feedback one negative from a non paying bidder isn't going to hurt you.

Parties involved are Seller, Buyer, Gun Broker, payment services and freight services. If one fails their job there are problems. I have found that going thru the process of going to Gun Broker and getting fees refunded is more effective than either negative feedback or the promise of negative feedback. If the payment services are the problem then let the buyer prove it. If not (probably) then the bluff is called and the truth is um-deniable. Gun Broker is not fond of non paying bidders. They are a waste of time, cause trouble and as you Wulfmann posted I don't have to do this and if I get retaliation negative feedback I will simple stop GB. it alienates sellers. It has been a long time for me but Gun Broker used to take care of those problems. I don't remember if a non paying buyer can post feedback but if they can it would not hurt to document the problem with GB if you plan to request having a feedback removed. Also if GB is involved then the buyer's attention is with GB and negative feedback may become an oversight. Remember what steve45 posted. Good luck.

• mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,297 ✭✭✭✭
    Not a big seller but I try to describe items as they are, and I try to exceed the expectation of the customer, that seems to be reflected in my feed back score. As noted if I am looking at an auction and a guy has 5K sales and one or two d's or something with the rest all A+ I disregard the bad ones, on the other hand if the seller has 10 sales and 3 bad I avoid the auction no matter how good it looks to be!
    Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!
  • chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,718 ✭✭✭✭
    Have had retaliatory FB several times but not as a seller, but a buyer. I always pay immediately thru credit card or MO the same or next business day.
    All but one instance was when sellers accepted my payments only to find out their item disappeared.  Yes, I give a D or F.
    Every time, the seller gives me same retaliatory FB.  
    What I do is contact GB support and have the FB removed. All a buyer is expected to do is pay and pay quickly.