In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Larry is in Lawnmower heaven right now......he cannot understand why I am not also VERY excited

Locust ForkLocust Fork Member Posts: 31,683 ✭✭✭✭
The decision was made that whenever the economic stimulus nonsense money came he was going to go buy a lawnmower.       Ever since winter ended and the lawn became a chore to deal with again he has been chomping at the bit to get a mower.    We've had various mowers.   A John Deere lasted a long time, whatever the yellow thing was we had after that ended up going to my daughter's house.    Once all the kids moved out we've been paying the neighbor kids to mow all summer and they've been using their zero turn mower to do it.     Since they are also grown and moving away we were either going to have to pay someone else or go buy a mower to do it ourselves.    Larry couldn't WAIT to pick one of these puppies out.

He has been talking about these things for months now.   We were actually trying to look at something Lowes had when the pandemic nonsense was announced and all heck broke loose at the grocery store on the way home.    He is finally settled on a Country Clipper brand mower.   He keeps telling me about welded decks.....brands of mowers.....why a joystick is a good idea.......and I keep listening to him and just nodding my head.      

We finally got the little card in the mail signalling the government is here to help and everything is going to be ok......so off to the outdoor tractor place he's gone.       I can tell you guys right now, in about an hour I'll be standing in my driveway looking at a very happy man who will be rambling on about this gadget and all its glory.
LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com

Comments

• Options
    pulsarncpulsarnc Member Posts: 6,257 ✭✭✭✭

I for one , am envious of his good fortune .

cry Havoc and let slip  the dogs of war..... 
  • Options
    bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    I own a Country Clipper with joy stick.  It is AWESOME.  No issues with the Kawasaki motor.  It is a beast of a mower.  I mow about 5 acres with it trimming around trees and fence lines is a breeze.  He chose well you should be proud of him!
  • Options
    A family member wants to meet for Chinese food at 6pm....so I just called him to let him know what the plans were for later.    Yall........he sounds like the happiest man on the planet right now.      He's on the way home and he says a lawnmower is chasing him.   (Dad jokes are plentiful these days.)    I can't help but laugh and be happy for him.   
    LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com
  • Options
    dcon12dcon12 Member Posts: 31,947 ✭✭✭✭
    You have to understand, a mower to a guy is like kids to you! Don
  • Options
    mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    Spending stimulus money on a big-ticket item like a lawnmower is a great use of the money. I know nothing about mowers, but after looking at their website, CC appears to make nice units. The workers in CC's Iowa factory are doubtless thankful for your purchase.
  • Options
    dcon12 said:
    You have to understand, a mower to a guy is like kids to you! Don
    So true!    When I see the kids I'm all over them....."you look so pretty today"....."can I feed you"....."do you want this lamp from your dad's desk, I saw you look at it and you can have it if you want."     Where Larry is just "don't take our groceries home with you when you leave".....and "how much do you need?"   
  • Options
    Spending stimulus money on a big-ticket item like a lawnmower is a great use of the money. I know nothing about mowers, but after looking at their website, CC appears to make nice units. The workers in CC's Iowa factory are doubtless thankful for your purchase.

Agreed......my only qualm about the whole stimulus thing has been that my name is nowhere on it.   I didn't realize they were sending out cards until my uncle called to warn me that he almost tossed his out with the junk mail.    We got it and it only had Larry's name on it.     It wasn't until he checked it and saw it had $2400 on it that we knew it was paying for both of us.     

I think he made a great decision.   I've heard all about these things for a while now and they sound like a really good outfit to buy from.   
  • Options
    gjshawgjshaw Member Posts: 14,697 ✭✭✭✭

We need pictures as soon as he gets home. What model did he get?

• Options
    love2shootlove2shoot Member Posts: 553 ✭✭✭
    I have a ZT with steering levels and wonder what to do with the unused hand whilst mowing with a joystick.
  • Options
    NeoBlackdogNeoBlackdog Member Posts: 16,654 ✭✭✭✭
    I have a ZT with steering levels and wonder what to do with the unused hand whilst mowing with a joystick.
    Uhhh...  Hold yer beer?
  • Options
    allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,241 ✭✭✭✭
    Gee, I was thinking of buying my girlfriend a lawn mower for Christmas.  Looks like these gals don't appreciate fine new mechanical toys.

Women, go figure.
  • Options
    montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 58,018 ******
     (in green)  Larry ticks me off!!!!!!   He does this just to try and make me jealous!!!  It not gonna work, I'm completely clammed down.  

https://youtu.be/TMsbwOsWAvo
  • Options
    Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,573 ✭✭✭✭
     congrats . I do not follow trends in mowers but the one with a joy stick looks like the way to go  and any time a fellow gets a new toy its a good day 

I know mowing is a matter  of pride with some to me its a chore I dislike
     I still use a 8n ford and a 6' finish mower and a  48" cut cub cadet " riding mower" and of course a push mower for the small areas . 
     however my son just bought a zero turn JD and loves it , he says  it cut his mowing time way down ( and wear and tear on my mower LOL ) 
  • Options
    gjshaw said:

We need pictures as soon as he gets home. What model did he get?

He got the avenue......we don't really need more than that here.    Its small enough to fit where we need it to, but still has a 42" deck.    https://www.countryclipper.com/store/c1/mowers/p8/avenue/

They gave him a break in price because it was "last year's" model.    So, it was $3400 instead of $3900.      I think he's just as happy to have our trailer back home as the mower.   We bought that thing several years ago and every family member has used it for who knows what since then.   His dad was using it to take his mower up to the church and do the grass up there, but eventually it became what my brother in law used to get round bales of hay to his cows.    The poor trailer doesn't look anything like it did when we paid for it.   
  • Options
    danielgagedanielgage Member Posts: 10,474 ✭✭✭✭
    they look like real nice mowers
    I love the way you can access the blades easily
  • Options
    Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,573 ✭✭✭✭
     congrats on the mower and of course the trailer finding its way home
     on getting the trailer back home  know that very well 
    I have owned at least one trailer or another for years  one I had to track down many years ago a friend borrowed it then loaned it to his brother to a cousin to a friend of a friend and .... but I did get it back it was a bit funny in a way  ( not really but had to just laugh ) as every one knew it was mine and kept saying as they passed it on to the next one in line Dave wont mind ..
      I have  three trailers now but tell every one if you  use it then  get it back to me asap or never ask again , I also got tired of replacing tires ,,brakes ,and lights ( especially lights)  I am just too easy when it comes to helping others 
  • Options
    gjshawgjshaw Member Posts: 14,697 ✭✭✭✭

Tell Larry congratulations. That is an awesome mower for that price. I wish you lived closer so I could see it in person. I’m going to be in the market for a new mower soon and that one is looking good to me right now.

• Options
    redhawkk480redhawkk480 Member Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭✭
    let us know how it does on down hill slopes and inside ditches IF you have any of that kind of mowing
  • Options
    He's in heaven.      He started mowing around 10am and hasn't stopped yet.         He had to fix the lights on the trailer before he could take it down there......and one fender is off, he has it though and plans to weld it back on.    I told him he should just paint it some crazy color or put a giant * on it so nobody ever asks to borrow it again......he said that wouldn't work, they'd still take it.     :) 
  • Options
    drobsdrobs Member Posts: 22,533 ✭✭✭✭
    Looks like a nice mower. We also bought a new one - a John Deere riding mower with 54 inch deck and 25hp gas motor.
    It's a lot nicer than our 10 year old Husqvarna rider. Turns tighter as well.

Didn't want a zero turn as you need to keep both hands on the controls. With allergies and that requirement, we be going in circles. 
  • Options
    bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    I wanted to listen to the radio while mowing.  I can then sing the country songs at the top of my lungs and nobody will hear me.  I took two lengths of angle iron bolting them to the front axle, welding a third piece as a cross member.  With some plywood I made a box that holds the radio in foam to protect it.    The box is bolted to the angle iron, it is stout.  An ANR headset got from Amazon really cuts the noise down and makes mowing a pleasure.
  • Options
    hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    I want a video of Kasey  mowing, think the dogs would be hiding in the house with Larry ?????
  • Options
    He's decided he needs the mulching blades for the magnolia leaves......and so, the add ons and extras begin.

• Options
    redhawkk480redhawkk480 Member Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    when I put mulching blades on my mower I started getting alot more build up under the deck

• Options
    hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭
     next he will need another one, a hers model. then you will have that his and hers model, so you all can spend quality time together, will give you a new hobby Kasey, way less stressful......
  • Options
    Smitty500magSmitty500mag Member Posts: 13,603 ✭✭✭✭
    It's tempting to get a riding mower but the only exercise I'm getting these days is mowing with a walk behind once a week. I'm almost 71 so I'm going to put it off as long as I can.