In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

I HATE being a responsible adult at times, kinda.

bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
I am home busting my butt weed whacking, spraying the fence lines for weeds, mowing, trimming and doing a general spring clean up that was held up by rains cold weather and mud for months.  I am getting it done and HATING it.
I should be out flying the wings off my plane today.  It is mid 70's, light winds and low humidity!
Sometimes being responsible sucks.

Comments

• Options
    brier-49brier-49 Member Posts: 7,035 ✭✭✭✭
    There is always tomorrow
  • Options
    pulsarncpulsarnc Member Posts: 6,256 ✭✭✭✭

Come pick me up in da plane boss!

cry Havoc and let slip  the dogs of war..... 
  • Options
    SW0320SW0320 Member Posts: 2,392 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    I was thinking of your flying today.  I was listing to a commenter on radio about Space-X rocket launch.  He described how the space ship had no manual controls.  He descibed it as like flying your i-phone, everthing is automated.  I guess I am still too old school in liking manual controls.

I agree with your dislike of the weeding.
  • Options
    pulsarncpulsarnc Member Posts: 6,256 ✭✭✭✭
    To be honest I had just got off the mower when I read your post. I very seldom use a weed eater anymore . Years ago I started landscaping with the following goal in mind ....... no push mower or weedeating . If it is inaccessible to the riding mower it gets spayed with roundup  period! 
    cry Havoc and let slip  the dogs of war..... 
  • Options
    yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 21,033 ✭✭✭✭
    You must learn to prioritize. Work is for the "work day".
  • Options
    BobJudyBobJudy Member Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭✭
    Being responsible is tiring. Cut down a tree, prepped soil and planted grass seed, fixed some loose fascia on the house, trimmed trees next to driveway and thought it would be time to play. I am thinking a nap is more important than play now that I got all that done. Getting older is a *. Bob
  • Options
    chmechme Member Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭✭
    Flying is the ultimate Social Distancing.
  • Options
    NeoBlackdogNeoBlackdog Member Posts: 16,651 ✭✭✭✭
    Don't you have any 'un-documented workers' around those parts that'll do that stuff el cheapo?
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,951 ✭✭✭✭
    You finally made it to adulthood amigo! B)>:)
  • Options
    jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,660 ******
    If you’re not married, you have no excuse.
  • Options
    BrookwoodBrookwood Member, Moderator Posts: 13,360 ******
    Sounds like all you need is a few goats to take care of all those chores for you while you are off flying around having FUN! :) 

• Options
    JunkballerJunkballer Member Posts: 9,180 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Over the years I've found that dirty/nasty jobs were custom made for Mondays, the worst day of the work week when nothing goes right anyway so why not utilize it for such  :), everyday afterwards is clear sailing  ;)

"Never do wrong to make a friend----or to keep one".....Robert E. Lee

• Options
    BobJudyBobJudy Member Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭✭
    Over the years I've found that dirty/nasty jobs were custom made for Mondays, the worst day of the work week when nothing goes right anyway so why not utilize it for such  :), everyday afterwards is clear sailing  ;)
    Great idea! Only problem is when you are retired which day is Monday?🤔 Bob
  • Options
    select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    Just go thru mowing a property...on a Sunday. Rain here for the last week.
  • Options
    claysclays Member Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭✭
    Today was ride the motorcycle day.  All that other stuff will be here when I am dead and gone.
  • Options
    BrookwoodBrookwood Member, Moderator Posts: 13,360 ******
    clays said:
    Today was ride the motorcycle day.  All that other stuff will be here when I am dead and gone.

Winner, winner, chicken DINNER!!  ;)