In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

What if they set the guy up? Edited for clarity.

SoreShoulderSoreShoulder Member Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭
edited May 2020 in General Discussion
What if a shy, quiet, perhaps mildly retarded homebody mama's boy kid wanted to fit in?  How would gangs exploit the opportunity?  I am not aware whether Ahmaud Arbery had any definite gang connections but bear with my speculation please.

What if the local gang decided to use someone like Ahmaud Arbery to create a shooting that would make it harder for law abiding people to police their neighborhoods, and would win political power for the likes of BLM?  It would also make successful thugs look more sly and hard.  

He might have forgotten the warnings they probably give in school by the time he got out from under his family's thumb in his mid 20s, about how gangs will manipulate you and use you for their own ends. 

What if they gave him misleading instructions like, "No matter what you do, don't let citizens arrest or question you.  Are we gonna remember that?  Are we tight?  Why, judges think it's like admitting guilt!"  

What if they sent him in at night on February 11th after giving him instructions that were calculated to get him seen or video'd?  They didn't want him shot at night, because it would be more understandable.  But they probably wanted him seen.  

Comments

• yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 20,983 ✭✭✭✭
    Police our neighborhood? Hell I don't even know any of my direct neighbor's names or by sight. Why would I look after them since I'm sure they'd rather protect what's theirs and eye ball what's mine for easy pickings. Like my Roller Trigger that was "delivered" beat feet away from my door because it wanted to go to some other owner. Also if I were to police my neighborhood I want my taxes back. Might as well give me back my taxes for schooling back since I want my criminal neighbor kids dumb as possible.