In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

scope ring help

JimmyJackJimmyJack Member Posts: 5,396 ✭✭✭✭
edited June 2020 in Ask the Experts
Im having a tough time finding the right ring for a bushnell red dot scope for my grandsons .22.  It need 30mm rings,  but it connects to a Henry .22 which has a 3/8 inch top rail.  Normal rails I guess are wider.  Im looking for a reasonable weaver type ring that doesnt cost more than the scope.  Just the name of what they call that rail would help.  It isnt Picaninny or Weaver I think.  A brand or number would really help.

Comments

• Options
    BobJudyBobJudy Member Posts: 6,473 ✭✭✭✭
    Do a search for 22 dovetail to Weaver base. There are a bunch of < $10 options out there. Then the correct height 30mm Weaver rings and you are in business. Bob
  • Options
    JimmyJackJimmyJack Member Posts: 5,396 ✭✭✭✭
    The conversions I saw require two screws mashed into the top rail of the Henry.  It is not tapped for screws,  but I think I found one that tightens from the side of the rail.  thanks.
  • Options
    TRAP55TRAP55 Member Posts: 8,270 ✭✭✭
    Use this to search on google images, you'll have all kinds of results. Different heights, see thru for iron sights, quick detach, etc.
    30mm rings for 3/8" dovetail

• Options
    OkieOkie Member Posts: 991 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Some of them real pretty gold and silver plated Henrys receivers are so wimpy, made of a type pot metal magnesium and the mount is termed cantilever and mounts onto the barrel and extends back over the receiver. Some of them Henrys are kinda in the same category as like being married to a real pretty woman that has a headache all time, she is only good to look at. 
    You probably need a 3/8 dovetail to 30MM rings and if you need the mount itself we would need the model number of your Henry. Just be aware that the cantilever type mounts and several of the Henry 22's are so wimpy that the mounts will work loose and will require TLC when handling.