In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

We're here for the blueberries.

drobsdrobs Member Posts: 22,531 ✭✭✭✭
Awe aint they precious.

Comments

• Options
    yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 21,033 ✭✭✭✭
    Begging for a third eye?
  • Options
    chmechme Member Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭✭
    They are adorable.  Cleaned every pear out of 3 trees, taking one bite out of each pear- trashed 120 hills of sweet corn in one night- one bite out of each ear.  Started trapping them with a Hav-a-Hart, trapped 16 of the little darlings.  They will also clean the babies out of a bluebird house.  Folks with a vineyard don't find  them as cute.  Sorry.    
  • Options
    hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 14,169 ✭✭✭✭
    cute targets........
  • Options
    allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,229 ✭✭✭✭
    They are cute little rascals.  I never had to kill one of them.  I got my mom a Ruger 10/22.  One day a big momma * got up to the bluebird box that I had built and ate 3 baby bluebirds.  Mom shot that momma * right out of the oak tree five minutes later, that damn * must have gone 20 pounds.
    I like 'em, sometimes they get on the porch and get into the garbage, otherwise they don't mess with me much, my Beagle keeps them pretty far away.
  • Options
    grdad45grdad45 Member Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭✭
    My neighbor is in the hospital with a stroke, I went to check on his place, and the vermin had gotten into his lake cabin and trashed it. They tore into several boxes holding cooking oil, chewing the plastic open and leaving their "cute" little footprints all over the floor. They pooped in several places, and just generally made a mess. I picked up a few dogproof traps this afternoon. There won't be any survivors if I catch them!! Turtles gotta eat, too!
    We have a rule at our hunting club--the only good raccoon is a dead one. 
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,951 ✭✭✭✭
    Looks like they are going to need a boost.
  • Options
    OkieOkie Member Posts: 991 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Some of them Hollywood type people who don't like Fur coats needs to have some of these in their house. Since the fur market crashed them animals are taking over and only thing that is going to thin them out is Mother Nature, like a Covid Virus for Racoons. Sometimes when they get  over populated distemper will cull them back. They also carry all kinds of bad things, fleas to mention one and THEY DO NOT ALWAYS WASH their food before they eat as the hollywood type tree huggers think. (cannot type CoXns, it get rejected as a bad word)
    Back in the 1980's when Fur prices were exploding and high it was hard to even find a Racoon in my neck of the woods, sold some hides for $45 apiece. Lots of people trapping and hunting them.
  • Options
    allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,229 ✭✭✭✭
    A few years ago I was down visiting my girlfriend in Atlanta, in the neighborhood where the Rich White Folks live.  In Brookhaven right across the street from the golf course.
    Sunny Saturday afternoon.  I saw a big raccoon sitting on his butt in a yard.  He was unsteady, obviously he was very sick.
    There was a 50 year old man in the yard, and a 17 year old kid, they were looking at the *.  The kid had a big rake in his hands.

I got out and talked with them.  I said that the animal was very sick, might be distemper or else rabies.  They said they had called animal control.
    In a reasonable world I would have pulled the .38 and ended the suffering of this animal.  But, discharge of a firearm is illegal there in Atlanta.  I could have gotten in to all kinds of trouble.  It looked like the guys had the situation in hand, I drove off.
  • Options
    RobOzRobOz Member Posts: 9,523 ✭✭✭

We have had terrible problems with raccoons eating our chickens. Had to take care of 4 in the last month. No matter how well I fortify the coop they eventually find a way. Just three days ago we lost our favorite bard.

• Options
    select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    Well I had an issue of the masked diggers digging up my yard . Leaving holes to get grubs. That matter has been taken care of.
  • Options
    Well I had an issue of the masked diggers digging up my yard . Leaving holes to get grubs. That matter has been taken care of.

Sure it's not Armadillos? Those buggers dig holes all over the place in my yard.
  • Options
    ltcdotyltcdoty Member Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭
    drobs said:

Sure it's not Armadillos? Those buggers dig holes all over the place in my yard.
    Skunks digging for grubs up my way..upstate New York near the Vermont border..
  • Options
    mohawk600mohawk600 Member Posts: 5,376 ✭✭✭✭
    Raccoons are terrible in Austin. They make a mess. 
  • Options
    Wild TurkeyWild Turkey Member Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭✭
    Had some that would visit my deck and get into the bird seed.
    Put out some suet that was liberally laced with hot peppers.
    Heard a weird noise in the woods that night but no more missing bird seed. ;)
  • Options
    Had another visit last night out by the bird feeders - eating droppings off the ground. Momma and 2 baby *. Either 2 of * babies died off or this was a different family. We let them hang around for an hour or so and then scared them off. Don't want them tearing up the bird feeders.
    Their days are numbered. Figure we'll let em grow a little bit - then take em out.