In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Ram 700 or Fiat Strada

MrMag00MrMag00 Member Posts: 532 ✭✭✭
Finally a small truck I am willing to buy. The Ram 700 allegedly comes with a 1.6L Neon engine with 116 hp and a 5 sp

The Fiat would come with a 1.3L engine and 5 speed and could be here next year. The Ram 700 (700kg) is sold in Mexico and I saw one fly by me on the I-19 from Nogales.

https://carbuzz.com/news/could-the-ram-700-small-pickup-find-its-way-to-the-us

Don't need or want a Canyonaro.  :)

Comments

• Options
    RobOzRobOz Member Posts: 9,523 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    buddybbuddyb Member Posts: 5,242 ✭✭✭✭
    Both look like Fiats.I remember Fiat quality(mostly lack of) last time they sold vehicles in this country.
  • Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,260 ******
    Looks like they could just as easily have PlaySkool branding on them.
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    austin20austin20 Member Posts: 34,929 ✭✭✭✭

A rerun of the Rampage from 30ish years ago

• Options
    austin20 said:

A rerun of the Rampage from 30ish years ago

Those were OK back in the day. I had a Subaru Brat, which was a great vehicle. Unfortunately they have all gone bigger and dumber for the masses. A modern Brat would be great, efi etc. There was talk about putting a diesel in the Fiat, like the Rabbit back in the day. 

Fiat quality, well, there is some concern from past problems, but they seem to be working them out. Fiat was rated worst car a few years back. The Ram 700 with the Dodge driveline would be what I prefer.  

I have to buy or rent a place in Mexico and register it there to get one at $14,000. 
  • Options
    RobOzRobOz Member Posts: 9,523 ✭✭✭

I guess it would be great for a bag of mulch and a 3 log wrapped bundle of firewood bought at the local convenience store. Good luck

• Options
    select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    Thinking of a Hemi supercharged conversion.
  • Options
    RobOz said:

I guess it would be great for a bag of mulch and a 3 log wrapped bundle of firewood bought at the local convenience store. Good luck

Yeah, payload is about as much as any of the new 4 door trucks with a rumble seat. But with twice the fuel economy and easier to park or put in the garage. 

My first truck was a 74 Ford Courier and that was a great truck. 

I still have my  85 Power Ram 50 but want something more modern. 
  • Options
    WarbirdsWarbirds Member Posts: 16,834 ✭✭✭✭

Make it a rag top and it could be pretty fun!

• Options
    NeoBlackdogNeoBlackdog Member Posts: 16,637 ✭✭✭✭
    Sub-compact knock offs of the El Camino and Ranchero...  I'd rather have the real thing!
  • Options
    hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 14,169 ✭✭✭✭
    looks like a compact car someone took the trunk lid off of....... but to each their own
  • Options
    KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭

Had a Subaru Brat back in the day. Loved that thing. Like the early Toyotas they rusted badly. Beyond that, that thing was Awesome. Would go anywhere with Pirelli P44 M&S tires. I put 144,000 miles on mine. Even had a little camper top I could throw on when I wanted. Roof racks on that, used to haul my Kayaks around, with all the gear in the back.

I would buy another one if they offered them.

• Options
    jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,649 ******
    Some old redneck boys will shoehorn a V-8 into one.
  • Options
    SCOUT5SCOUT5 Member Posts: 16,182 ✭✭✭✭
    If it does what you need have at it.   I had a 76 model El Camino that was a handy vehicle, just an Impala with a bed.  An open bed can be handy at times.   It's not a truck for  heavy or work use but then some people don't consider my F150 to be a real truck and compared to a one ton or bigger diesel  they have a point.
  • Options
    mohawk600mohawk600 Member Posts: 5,376 ✭✭✭✭
    I always like the Subaru Brat and the Baja....wish they still made the Baja.
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,951 ✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    In High School we had a 68 El Camino, what a great ride it was. Never did drive a Ranchero.  

The Brat and Rampage had much better names.

This is the original mini truck lol. A bit too small for my liking. The Brat was a real nice combo and 4x4 too, and a good working 4x4 with low range. One day I loaded 4 dirtbikes in it. 3 were complete and one was parts. Also rescued my BMW R100/7 with it.

Red Bull custom made some Mini Cooper trucks, I may take one of mine and convert it, but if I can get my hands on a Ram 700 I would be plenty happy. 

The bed is just too small, where the Ram 700 or Fiat Strada can actually carry a motorcycle.