In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Mark C.

gesshotsgesshots Member Posts: 15,679 ✭✭✭✭
:)B)
It's being willing. I found out early that most men, regardless of cause or need, aren't willing. They blink an eye or draw a breath before they pull the trigger. I won't. ~ J.B. Books

Comments

• mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    That is quite a collection. I've sampled most of them. Among that standouts is Willet, which is actually obtainable, unlike some of the others which go directly from the liquor store to auction. 
  • jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,637 ******
    What, no Kessler’s?

• mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    One bourbon I've been looking for is JTS Brown. That's the brand mentioned in the classic film The Hustler, with Paul Newman, George C. Scott and Jackie Gleason. 
  • BobJudyBobJudy Member Posts: 6,472 ✭✭✭✭
    One bourbon I've been looking for is JTS Brown. That's the brand mentioned in the classic film The Hustler, with Paul Newman, George C. Scott and Jackie Gleason. 
    That's one that I am not familiar with. Curiosity made me check it out and I found several online sellers carry it. Pretty inexpensive but price does not always indicate quality. Bob

• gesshotsgesshots Member Posts: 15,679 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    BobJudy said:
    That's one that I am not familiar with. Curiosity made me check it out and I found several online sellers carry it. Pretty inexpensive but price does not always indicate quality. Bob

Source: https://whiskeyconsensus.com/j-t-s-brown-bottled-in-bond-review/
    I have a few go-to “bottom shelf” pours and today I’m going to share what I believe to be one of the best, if not the best values in bourbon. J.T.S Brown Bottled in Bond comes from the venerable Heaven Hill Distillery in Bardstown, KY.  Being that it is Bottled in Bond, we know it’s at least 4 years old and comes in at 100 proof. J.T.S. Brown Bottled in Bond is made from a 78% corn, 10% rye, and 12% malted barley mashbill  and best of all, it’s only about $10 bucks for a 750ml! Yes, $10!

It's being willing. I found out early that most men, regardless of cause or need, aren't willing. They blink an eye or draw a breath before they pull the trigger. I won't. ~ J.B. Books
    Ten bucks? I need to track it down here in Florida. It was completely unavailable in CA.
  • gesshotsgesshots Member Posts: 15,679 ✭✭✭✭
    Probably an old review.
    $16.99 at Virginia ABC stores. For 1.75L 80 proof variety.
    $24.99 / 750ml > https://www.etsy.com/listing/786708604/jts-brown-candlejts-brown-kentucky?ref=pla_similar_listings_see_more

• He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,950 ✭✭✭✭
    jimdeere said:
    What, no Kessler’s?

That would be because it is blended whiskey, not bourbon.  

• Toolman286Toolman286 Member Posts: 2,978 ✭✭✭✭
    Jim, I used to routinely relocate a case of Kessler for a friend who couldn't get it where he lived. Only thing he drank.