In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

USPS Is Quick

select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
Mailed a firearm to Minn. from SC.. large 29# box and it made it in two days priority. Mailed my USPS money order for a firearm to Washington St. from SC at 11 AM Friday and it is at the distribution center there and out for delivery tomorrow.  Can't say they are slow.

Comments

• Options
    KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭

I mailed a knife to hillbille. He had it in his mailbox the next day. Impressive.

• Options
    spasmcreeksrunspasmcreeksrun Member Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭
    think how efficient they could be if they did NOT have to deal with all the junk advertising that simply gets thrown away upon arrival
  • Options
    savage170savage170 Member Posts: 37,453 ✭✭✭✭

Not all post office are that efficient it takes a week minimum to send something to my mom

• Options
    nononsensenononsense Member Posts: 10,928 ✭✭✭✭
    savage170 said:

Not all post office are that efficient it takes a week minimum to send something to my mom

This can apply to the Postal Station management as noted which can cause no end to inefficiencies due to bad managerial practices. Our little Post Office is run fairly efficiently so I have no complaints. I could send small packages and envelopes to my Mother regular mail in podunk, rural USA and get them there, over 1,200 miles, in 3 days max. I use Priority Mail for making parts payments with USPS Money Orders. The folks at the counter have been relatively cheerful when I actually go to the physical P.O. which is almost never now.
    Best.

• Options
    jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,649 ******

I mailed a knife to hillbille. He had it in his mailbox the next day. Impressive.

That’s impressive. Don’t  postmen still ride horses in Tennessee and West Virginia?
  • Options
    mrs102mrs102 Member Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭
    I've experienced their worst and their best.  The current system of mail routing in Wisconsin is not their best.
  • Options
    hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 14,169 ✭✭✭✭
    jimdeere said:

That’s impressive. Don’t  postmen still ride horses in Tennessee and West Virgia?
    no way, they are afraid they may get the horse shot out from under them and eaten.  Big thing that really helped the post office was Ken is one of the few in Tennessee who can read and write enough to address a letter............
  • Options
    Butchdog2Butchdog2 Member Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭✭