In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Worst tasting 'anything' you have ever experienced?

Tech141Tech141 Member Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭
I read the "Coke can on the treadmill" thread, and some of the replies reminded me of the WORST thing I have ever tasted.
I few years ago when I was a smoker, I would use a mountain dew bottle (filled halfway with water) as an ashtray/butcan when I would sit out by my pool.  One day I was outside enjoying the evening, sipping on a mountain dew.  At one point I went to grab a sip, and inadvertently picked up the butcan dew a took a healthy swig.  
GOOD LORD!!!!!!!!!  The involuntary reaction my body had to it was Legen- (wait for it...) - DARY!  I started heaving/puking in a painfully spasmatic way.  Projectile vomiting, body locking up, falling to my hands and knees........ I literally thought I was going to die.  Made me reflect on my emergency appendectomy with fond feelings.  I was paralyzed, throwing up, and pretty much face down on the deck for about 20 minutes (felt like a week....)
To this day, I still gag a bit and feel kinda sick when I reflect on that dark day.

Anyone else have a 'uniquely horrible' taste story?

Comments

• mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    Other than sour milk, which I don't think that any normal human being can tolerate, hot Coca Cola is nasty. 
  • KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭

Stink bug, hands down the worst.

• select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    Liver and onion
  • Butchdog2Butchdog2 Member Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭✭
    Stuffed Cabbage rolls, yuck.
  • toad67toad67 Member Posts: 13,019 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Some Mexican candy a friend gave me to try. Think it was tamarindo, or something like that..
  • gp52555gp52555 Member Posts: 144 ✭✭✭
  • kimikimi Member Posts: 44,723 ✭✭✭
    Castor oil, but I was forewarned about Balut's.
    What's next?
  • Old-ColtsOld-Colts Member Posts: 22,700 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    gp52555 said:
    Balut
    I agree, even though I've never eaten one; I have been near enough to someone that did, NASTY! I, personally, wouldn't eat one of those things with someone else's mouth!!!!!!!!!  :s

If you can't feel the music; it's only pink noise!

• asopasop Member Posts: 8,898 ✭✭✭✭
    I put leaches in a water jug in the refer that I intended to use the next day.   My son was out late and the next morning came downstairs and grabbed "the water jug" and gulped down not only water :#. He still talks about it :D
  • B17-P51B17-P51 Member Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭
    Some kind of Liquor product called ROHAL. It was packaged in a bottle that looked like a 55 gal drum.
  • dreherdreher Member Posts: 8,776 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm guessing I got you all beat.  Over 50 years ago I was working at a feeder pig set up.  The concrete was finished with a smooth finish so you could go in to the pens holding around 50 feeder pigs and squeegee the poop into the gutter.  The pigs would run from you.  Because the concrete was smooth they would be spinning their "wheels" so to speak.  I'm sure most of you know what pig poop smells like.  So here I am squeegeeing with my mouth open so as to breathe through my mouth rather than my nose when a pig spinning his "wheels" flipped a good sized piece of pig poop into my mouth.  Talk about spitting at full auto speed!  

I never squeegeed with my mouth open again!!!!!       :D
  • montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 57,892 ******
  • Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,450 ✭✭✭✭
     several 
     liver being one . If I was starving  to death maybe, I mean  just maybe I could eat it . 
    in the top  ten  another would have to be that liquid I had to drink for a colonoscopy  to clear out every thing .
     1st time it was hideous  the  next couple times years later  they had changed so it could be mixed with lemon flavoring   
            I will toss in siphoning gas the ethanol mix  is just down right nasty ( I know its poison ) but over the years working on cars I can add  antifreeze ,brake fluid, battery acid, used oil , gear oil ,  auto trans fluid , paint thinner , paint remover plus when younger  working in a waste treatment plant add in  feces   all would qualified as not good   

• pulsarncpulsarnc Member Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭✭

Ken nailed it , stink bug ! Caught one in my mouth riding my motorcycle. Oddly enough I was close to Boone when it happened .

cry Havoc and let slip  the dogs of war..... 
  • notnownotnow Member Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭
    I'm the third victim of a stinkbug. Mine landed on the backside of an ice cream cone. Never saw it. I tried and tried to spit the taste out of my mouth. It had a weird chemical taste that wouldn't go away.
  • Wild TurkeyWild Turkey Member Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭✭
    Not me but . . . 
    My dad was a farmer.  He leased a section from an old man who had to quit because of heart trouble.  Old man decided one day to get a neighbor to fill in an irrigation ditch (3' wide, 18" deep vee shape) that dad had let dry out between uses.
    Neighbor was using tractor with 3-point blade to fill ditch and son was riding on blade to help it cut the hard, dry ground.
    Neighbor's son was just old enough that his dad would let him chew tobacco so of course he had a big chaw of strong stuff in his mouth.
    Dad drove up while they were trying to get started, and Old Man pulled single shot .410 out of his car.  (according to the contract between him and Dad he and neighbor were guilty of trespassing and several other things) and he was waving shotgun around.
    Dad had been in the Navy for WWII and really didn't like having a shotgun pointed at him so he reached up and batted barrel away.
    And it went off, shot traveling a little over the kid's head.  He slid off back of blade and swallowed chew when his bottom hit the ground.
    Yep, according to dad he quickly turned colors and started barfing up everything he'd swallowed for several days.
    Kinda ended the standoff; it was the last time Old Man messed with our irrigation system.

But there is a snake story of when he started messing with the well!
  • mohawk600mohawk600 Member Posts: 5,373 ✭✭✭✭
    Nothing beats a nice deep swig out of a spit can full of juice......especially if it's not yours.
  • ltcdotyltcdoty Member Posts: 4,163 ✭✭✭
    Buttermilk.....for the life of me I don't understand people loving buttermilk, including my old man and grandfather.
  • Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,450 ✭✭✭✭
    ltcdoty said:
    Buttermilk.....for the life of me I don't understand people loving buttermilk, including my old man and grandfather.
    I have drank buttermilk my entire life,  still buy some on occasion. I  never gave it a thought  anybody did not like the taste , but  thinking on it  its almost like drinking liquid yogurt ( which took me some time to acquire a taste for kinda funny in a way  )  
  • BrookwoodBrookwood Member, Moderator Posts: 13,269 ******
    On a road trip in the dark of night many years ago I stopped at a party store and bought a ring of bologna out of the deli case  to snack on.   Heading out, I  broke a chunk off and began to eat when I suddenly realized that the bologna tasted funny.  Not funny in a good way either!  I had to stop at the next rest area where I was able to examine my snack in bright light.   It was greenish colored in the center and in an air pocket there was something that looked like gray fur! :o  :#   Some kind of fungus I recon! 

I gave up eating in the dark since this incident along with food shopping at remote places!
  • discusdaddiscusdad Member Posts: 11,418 ✭✭✭✭
    a less than completely ripe persimmon..  couldn't make spit for 4 days
  • hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 14,119 ✭✭✭✭
    discusdad said:
    we had a tree in back yard growing up, every new kid to the neighborhood got to " try " a green one, about like eating half a bottle of baby powder...........
  • mac10mac10 Member Posts: 2,539 ✭✭✭✭
    crow and humble pie for desert
  • mrmike08075mrmike08075 Member Posts: 10,998 ✭✭✭

Cigarette ash - vomit - and stale beer from the open mouthed kiss of a drunk woman who had been eating funions and pork rinds...

Mike

• redneckandyredneckandy Member Posts: 9,682 ✭✭✭✭
    discusdad said:
    I love giving unripe persimmons to the unknowing. :D
  • armilitearmilite Member Posts: 35,478 ✭✭✭
    Tech141 said:
    I read the "Coke can on the treadmill" thread, and some of the replies reminded me of the WORST thing I have ever tasted.
    I few years ago when I was a smoker, I would use a mountain dew bottle (filled halfway with water) as an ashtray/butcan when I would sit out by my pool.  One day I was outside enjoying the evening, sipping on a mountain dew.  At one point I went to grab a sip, and inadvertently picked up the butcan dew a took a healthy swig.  
    GOOD LORD!!!!!!!!!  The involuntary reaction my body had to it was Legen- (wait for it...) - DARY!  I started heaving/puking in a painfully spasmatic way.  Projectile vomiting, body locking up, falling to my hands and knees........ I literally thought I was going to die.  Made me reflect on my emergency appendectomy with fond feelings.  I was paralyzed, throwing up, and pretty much face down on the deck for about 20 minutes (felt like a week....)
    To this day, I still gag a bit and feel kinda sick when I reflect on that dark day.

Anyone else have a 'uniquely horrible' taste story?
    I had the same experience that you did but did it a couple of times. I still smoke but it still could happen again except I'm trying to ween myself off of Diet Mountain Dew. I'll have to think a bit about your question how ever because I may have en jested something worse.
  • gruntled2gruntled2 Member Posts: 560 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    Some months ago they opened up a new pizza place near here. called Blaze Pizza. They had a coupon for a free pizza. Good thing it was free as I sure would have hated to have paid for it. Only one worse I have ever had was in San Pedro Sula, Honduras. Imagine a pizza with NO toppings, not even cheese.
  • elubsmeelubsme Member Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭✭
    Good ole Dr. Seuss warned us way back when to avoid those Green Eggs & Ham plates when offered.  

I recon we all should have paid more attention! ;)  
  • Collector52Collector52 Member Posts: 30
    Red squirrel.  Horrible.
  • bs233jlbs233jl Member Posts: 589 ✭✭✭
    Raw spinach is great. Cooked spinach is awful...It is like something out of a Ox's nose.
    Hold on just a minute. Take some baby spinach and wilt it like branch lettuce and that is some good stuff.
    Now boiled to the "snot' texture is another story.
  • chmechme Member Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭✭
    nuoc mam   +1000 right there.  
  • mrmike08075mrmike08075 Member Posts: 10,998 ✭✭✭

Zima...

Bartles & James ice tea +...

Peppermint schnapps going down was so so - coming back up was an epic failure...

French fries with mayonnaise instead of tomato ketchup - rot in hello you Philistines...

Mike

• KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭

The worst part about mine was that I had just finished eating while sitting on the couch. (This was before my eye surgeries,) Came back from putting the dishes away in the kitchen. Saw a "morsel" on the couch. Threw it in my mouth and chewed it about twice. Then it hit me OMG. Took forever for the taste to go away. Gaaack.........................

• Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
    Lima Beans
    RLTW

• ruger41ruger41 Member Posts: 14,646 ✭✭✭

Poi at a luau in Hawaii.

I have seen one of my dogs eat some stuff that would make a maggot puke!  Not joking either!
  • CaneyRiverDogCaneyRiverDog Member Posts: 145 ✭✭
    I have drank a liquid ashtray when I was around 12 or 13. instantly sick..... I've drank soured  milk and it's not even close. Not sure how anyone could say liver or limas are worse unless they don't get out much...lol