In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Auction pics

sagamorecreeksagamorecreek Member Posts: 2
I take my pictures with my phone, them send the to imgur. From there, I add them to my auction by copy/paste of the "Direct link".  Problem is, some folks can view the pictures in the auction, others cannot. My imgur choices are Image link, Direct link, markdown link, html, BBcode, and linked bbcode.
I am not especially tech savvy. Advice appreciated.

Comments

• mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,297 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    You might find it easier to take the pics stick em in your puter and grab them from there, we dont need no stinking IMGUR no more, but I think it is BBCODE
    Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!
  • sagamorecreeksagamorecreek Member Posts: 2
    I am not savvy enough to get/find the pics on my computer. Seems some go to Drive, some to Google pics, ect. That makes me feel stupid, make no doubt but it is what it is and I have nobody to show me. I'm struggling through this on my own. 
  • mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited June 2020
     I haven't used a hosting site for my auction photos in years. I just let the auction site do the work by taking the photos directly from my hard drive. BBCode and Linked BBCode are designed for forums and message boards. The auction site (should) work with either Image Link or Direct Link. Essentially, you want a link that begins with https://  and doesn't contain [img] which is used in online forums and message boards

This should work, but I only run the forum. I am not a computer expert, nor do I have any affiliation with the auction site. Good luck.
  • Locust ForkLocust Fork Member Posts: 31,616 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Are you putting your pictures in the auction description .....or are you using the Gun Broker photo uploader?    You should be able to load an auction......then go into the created auction and use the “manage photos” icon to directly add pictures to your listing directly from your phone    It will let you do up to ten at a time.   
    LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com
  • Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,184 ******
     Advice appreciated.

Don't sell to the folks that can't see them.

Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,183 ✭✭✭✭
    I can't get Imgur pics to post on this forum.  They work elsewhere but not here.
    I click here on the little "photo" icon, then click on "choose files" and it goes straight to the "pictures" section on my computer and I click on that photo and it pops right up here.