Gawd, I love my wife, BUT!....

Flying Clay DiskFlying Clay Disk Member Posts: 34,106 ✭✭✭✭
edited June 30 in General Discussion
I love my wife dearly, and she works hard, but that girl can break s# faster than any other human being I know!!
She's just got no "nuance", it's full throttle, jamb the gear, ram the hydraulic lever, go fast on the ATV with a trailer...and she just breaks S#!, and all the time!  It's never ending!
And then she comes inside or where ever and says she's broke down somewhere.  It's endless!  She tore up the Z-turn, she tore up the tractor, she "almost' tore up the skid (until I yelled at the girl over that one).  She thinks diesel engines go from 0% to 150% when cold.  She doesn't check tires.  My gawd, I love this girl, but holy jeezus, she can break a frisbee!  (and NOBODY can break a frisbee!!).  "Slow, just a little", means mash the gas and dump the hydraulics.  She cuts the grass in 1st Low range, and when I ask her if she want's to load a tractor on the trailer she does it in 4th High range!  GO SLOW, GIRL...JEEZUS!!!  She gets a flat on something and she drags it a half mile, so even if it has a tube, the filler is long gone.  It's just endless!
She gets frustrated at me because I always check everything, I always make sure I have the tools I might need, and she just gets stompin' mad...she wants to GO!
She'll come in the barn holding parts dripping oil and say "What do these do???", and it will be parts from the drive train of something.  F#! 
Last week she says the tractor "just stopped".  Jeezus, what now???  Did it have fuel?  "I don't know, I thought so."  So now it's on a hill, leaning into a ditch and it's completely out of fuel...oh boy, that was "fun" getting going again!  Tonight, it's a flat on a trailer.  Dragged it about 700 feet, so now the valve stem is inside the wheel and hopelessly lost.  Can't inflate it, even with the wheel off.  "Okay, I'm gonna' go to the store because I can't deal with you being pissed off all the time!!", says her. 
Jeezus, I should just follow her around with a Snap-on truck!!  You just can't bring enough tools to keep up with this girl!!

Comments

• Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 18,469 ✭✭✭
    +1  if it makes you feel like your not alone .

• chmechme Member Posts: 247 ✭✭
  • select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 62,376 ✭✭✭
    I can tear stuff up by myself I don't need any help.  She does the cleaning, sewing, cooking... I do the yard, mechanics...
  • SCOUT5SCOUT5 Member Posts: 14,197 ✭✭✭
    edited June 30
    So, there is  still women out there that will actually help a man out.  That's good to know.
  • mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 17,201 ✭✭✭
    Least she works LOL
    Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!
  • Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member Posts: 59,203 ✭✭✭✭
    Maybe if she had to be involved with fixing all the stuff she breaks, that'd help?  I feel for ya man!
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Grunt2Grunt2 Member Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭
    +100...if it makes you feel like your not alone... :#
    Retired LEO
    Combat Vet VN
  • grdad45grdad45 Member Posts: 4,262 ✭✭✭
    LOL! The first time mine got on the Z-turn, she sideswiped the well house, turning it 90*. I explained that if she had broken the pump off, it could cost up to $10K to repair or replace the well. She also used to insist on "scalping" the grass, causing it to die. Sooo, I put in a block to prevent her from lowering it below 3.5", since she seem to like mowing while I'm not at home!! 
    Don't get me started about the car! She recently told me the car was "shuddering" when she hit the brakes. I seldom drive it, so I wasn't aware of that. After a $550 brake job, it now "Stops a lot easier"! I wrote that check out of her account!  :#
  • NeoBlackdogNeoBlackdog Member Posts: 12,046 ✭✭✭
    I feel yer pain, FCD. My wife's the same way.  It's either full speed ahead or mashin' on the grabbers when she drives, and it don't matter what she's drivin'!  Car, boat, golf cart, pickup with a camper and towing a boat.  Damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead!  
  • Toolman286Toolman286 Member Posts: 857 ✭✭✭
     My wife's not mechanically coordinated by any means. She has come close to causing me serious injury several times. Silly me for asking her to help. But she keeps an eye on me & a clean house, etc.
  • yonsonyonson Member Posts: 563 ✭✭
    Sorry guy,  my wife is the same way - destroying stuff that she can't fix & not understanding why.  Her standard comment is that "it couldn't be helped".  (I think they feel that it's our fault.)  Any comment you make will fall on deaf ears.  You've had your rant as have I, so suck it up.    
  • bpostbpost Member Posts: 30,649 ✭✭✭
    I remember folks from my medical days.  They either had finesse or they were ham * parts busters.  One guy had a $15,000 CT xray tube on the concrete floor scratching the living crap out of it trying to remove the screws for the collimator.  He was using a bent screw driver with a burn mark in the shank.  The burn mark came from his shorting portable xray machine batteries.  I took the screw driver away from him giving him a new one.  I still have that screw driver as a reminder that some folks could be given an anvil and sledge hammer at 7:00AM and both would be busted or ruined by lunch time.

You are lucky to have a wife willing to work.  The price you pay for that is busted parts and busted knuckles.  You are truly blessed!!