In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Hardline stance on NPBers

shootuadealshootuadeal Member Posts: 5,241 ✭✭✭✭

We have taken the stance that non paying bidders get an F and we will go through the process to get fees back. Sometimes in the past we have let them off the hook for the item and let them pay the fees.

This week we had an NR bidder that was high bidder email us flat out stating he wasn't going to pay if he wins. My guy responded by saying he would be on the hook for fees for sure, I told him no, that just allows him to go screw someone else over.

This morning we had a guy hit buy it now on a pistol then immediately email us and say he lost his job and couldn't pay. He has 7 feedbacks with 2 Fs already. Nope, you hit BIN, you're on the hook.

I hope all sellers will also adopt this policy, I know most do already but we need to weed the idiots out so they stop wasting peoples times and often the relists bring less money due to bidders wondering why it had to be relisted.

Comments

• Options
    mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited July 2020
    I just sold a relisted M1 on Sunday. The first buyer gave a long series of excuses and then asked for more time- two weeks. I advised the rifle's owner (my neighbor) against this, but the neighbor allowed it. Promises were made about payment being in the email, followed by more excuses. After nearly a month the buyer finally admitted that he wasn't going to pay. Instead he offered to refund my listing fees to "Make it as though it didn't happen."    WRONG.    "F"
  • Options
    edited July 2020

As if wasting several weeks, plus the duration of the listing, plus time to relist, plus potential price drop can magically be "made right" by covering fees. Hopefully the F you gave him got him booted.

• Options
    mac10mac10 Member Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭✭
    at what point will the site cut your account??? I have had 6 npb in  45 days
  • Options
    Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,380 ***** Forums Admin
    Yep, I agree with a drop the hammer response. 
  • Options

Used to be an NR bidder that got an F first time got booted. If the bidder has some feedbacks I believe it takes several Fs and NPB warnings.

• Options
    spasmcreeksrunspasmcreeksrun Member Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭
    NPB, excuses, and BS  should get that individual BANNED for life......it is nothing more than a deliberate screw job in the making...   the site,  seller and buyer should have equal levels of integrity
  • Options
    GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,749 ✭✭✭✭
    Well, if you are selling now, the NPB 's are all over. Many imo have no intention of paying to start with. I sell some here and am on my 3rd non payer in two weeks. >:)
  • Options
    chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,786 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    Myself and others have looked at listing such as concealable autos and ammo during the course of the pandemic and the protests.
    Besides some particular and mainly concealable pistols selling for double retail, we have noticed a significant number of NRs and bidders with bad FB (because NPB history) placing bids and winning auctions.
    As most of you know some ammo has been selling for double and triple what it normally sells for.

I know it sucks, to deal with NPBs but I believe with the pandemic going on and the protesters raising hell it seems to bring a small percentage of these problem people to GB as well.  
    Wonder how many of these people who are not paying because they paid $800 for a $300 pistol.

• Options
    bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    The NPB issue has grown over time.  The process for getting fees refunded is confusing to me.  I hope GB starts dropping a heavier hammer on these folks.  My guess is they are trolls that never had the intention of getting the item to begin with.
  • Options
    mohawk600mohawk600 Member Posts: 5,376 ✭✭✭✭
    Back in 2003 when I joined.....NPB was a rare issue. The auction side was much better back then.
  • Options
    B17-P51B17-P51 Member Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭
    mohawk600 said:
    Back in 2003 when I joined.....NPB was a rare issue. The auction side was much better back then.
    That's for sure! I think some of the Noobs think when they bid you can ship the gun to their house.
  • Options
    yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 21,068 ✭✭✭✭
    If I was a conspiracy minded Japo (and I am a Japo) I believe the lefties hired the anti-gunners as monkey wrenchers. You know those ex-envelope stuffers needs to "work", just hired to gum up the works by bloomberg? Dude now has loads of time since he ain't running for the big office. Since all they get are "F" and after a while they'll just sign up under a new name with a different CC and start all over again.
  • Options
    GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,749 ✭✭✭✭
    In fact I believe that cause they are so many.
  • Options
    Locust ForkLocust Fork Member Posts: 31,683 ✭✭✭✭
    We don't get many of them, but we never let them off.....they get the F and we do the non paying bidder report every time. 
    LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com