In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

LED Corn Lamp

Smitty500magSmitty500mag Member Posts: 13,603 ✭✭✭✭
Any of you guys ever try these LED corn lamps? I bought a couple of the 60 Watt that's 500 Watt equivalent with 5,500 Lumen on Amazon to try and one of them will light up the whole front of the house, yard and porch.

I had a dark area in my shop where I was going to put up another 2 tube LED light fixture but instead I just replaced a regular 100 watt bulb that was there with one of these corn bulbs and it lights up the whole end of the garage.

They say they call them corn bulbs or corn cob lamps because the LEDs mounted in the aluminum frame resemble kernels of corn. They advertise a life rating of 35,000 hours but I sort of doubt that but time will tell. 

Looks like you'd need sun block and sun glasses to knock on our front door at night. The picture doesn't do it justice 'cause it's brighter than a street lamp. Amazing how a light this bright can be so cool to the touch compared to an incandescent bulb.

Comments