In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

just saw weather........

hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 14,169 ✭✭✭✭
looks like mid to high 90's for the next week or so, with high humidity, not sure how far this heat wave goes so be carefull out there,  if your an old fart like myself stay hydrated, this heat can take your energy worse than the wifes honey due list......

Comments

• jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,640 ******
    I used to love it. The hotter, the better. Now I don’t like to sweat.
  • Rocky RaabRocky Raab Member Posts: 14,185 ✭✭✭✭
    Yes indeedy. Lived in the low, hot, and wet for the first half of my life.
    If only I could find someplace in the mountains that had four real seasons but none too extreme - and no humidity...
    Oh...wait...
    I may be a bit crazy - but I didn't drive myself.
  • Smitty500magSmitty500mag Member Posts: 13,603 ✭✭✭✭
    We didn't get to be old geezers by being stupid. But thanks anyway for the warning.
  • dunbarboyzdunbarboyz Member Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭✭
    I am far enough north to see Canada it is hot here too.
  • armilitearmilite Member Posts: 35,478 ✭✭✭
    Same here went golfing on Friday and rode in a cart. I wasn't sure that I'd make it to the 18th hole.
  • chmechme Member Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭✭
    For the next 10 days, along the crest of the Blue Ridge mountains in VA, daytime high- high 70s.  night time low high 50s.  
  • nononsensenononsense Member Posts: 10,928 ✭✭✭✭
    Yes indeedy. Lived in the low, hot, and wet for the first half of my life.
    If only I could find someplace in the mountains that had four real seasons but none too extreme - and no humidity...
    Oh...wait...
    Yep, right here. Just 3 seasons though.
    Friday we got a full inch of rain, the first in 5 months. What a treat! :) Wonderful smell and dropped the temp 12 degrees.
    Best.

• spasmcreeksrunspasmcreeksrun Member Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭
    just about 100 here for a high and the humidity was at 99% this morn and yesterday morn.....grass was covered with dew but i finished mowing while it was cooler.......lifted  the mower up on the car lift  and sharpened the blades.... some gas and it is ready for the next run.....about 5 acres around the farm house .......traded  up to a brand new hustler 54" with the flip deck and went out  6-20 and it ran about an hour then the engine locked up ?????...glad i still had another older mower here ......took it back to the dealer (near our lake place) i bought it from (a 300 mile roundtrip)  a local hustler dealer (50 mile roundtrip) would not warranty it because i bought it over east....so much for a dealer network....see how long/if  it takes to end up with a used rebuilt mower for a new price .....not happy
    It's a delightful 65 degrees here this morning. Humidity is 47% which is as high as it will get today. It'll be about 90 and 20% by afternoon. We only rarely see dew or T-storms - not enough humidity for either unless a tropical disturbance slides up from Baja.
  • Bubba Jr.Bubba Jr. Member Posts: 8,191 ✭✭✭✭
    It was 97° here yesterday in west-central Ohio. We have a remote weather station with the readouts on it. I took a picture of it and sent it to my brother in St. Augustine FL. He was shocked and concerned for our well being.  :o
  • austin20austin20 Member Posts: 34,927 ✭✭✭✭

Feel like a hundred out there today

• spasmcreeksrunspasmcreeksrun Member Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭
    we are going for around 103*  next few days......inside in AC is good
  • Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,252 ******
    Sun and no humidity for the foreseeable future here. Just nice. Upper 70's and low 80's. It's hard for it to be more perfect.
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
    I see a palindromic readout on my weather station right now: 91/19.
  • SW0320SW0320 Member Posts: 2,392 ✭✭✭✭
    I see a palindromic readout on my weather station right now: 91/19.
    Seeing wife is always looking for palindromes she would like those numbers.  I can take that type of heat for a little while.

Went to to a conference in Vegas in August one time.  It was up to 120 some days but with the low humidity I could stand it for a while.