In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

sell my very new shotgun under same state of Cal

webdiscuss789webdiscuss789 Member Posts: 3
Hi, i am new here, i have a very new shotgun would like to list for sell from private party to another private party in state of California since i have no need this one. so i am just the owner not a FFL.

the questions:
1. is it legal and allow to list this item to sell under gunbroker here ? cause i am thinking only sell under the same state may be easy to process.
2. i am not sure how to do the shipping, is this OK to mention only that particular FFL i know, then buyer can go there to do the process.

thanks

Comments

• mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited July 2020
    I advise against limiting buyers to  your home state. All "private sale" in California require a transfer through an FFL dealer, so you might as well open the auction to out of state buyers, which can bring you a lot more $$$. 
  • Locust ForkLocust Fork Member Posts: 31,617 ✭✭✭✭
    The Gun Broker site has several helpful links at the bottom of the home page.....look for the "for sellers" link and it will guide you through how to deal with things.    You can set it to be picked up only.   If you know an FFL that you plan on involving in this, they might be set up already to sell on Gun Broker.   You might think about just taking it to them and having them do the listing so its an easy, one step transaction.

You might get more if you broaden the listing and agree to ship it to an FFL in a different state.    Its really easy....just make sure you get the payment and a copy of the buyer's FFL to ship it to.   Pack it up, nice and secure and send it to their FFL.
    LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com
  • webdiscuss789webdiscuss789 Member Posts: 3
    The Gun Broker site has several helpful links at the bottom of the home page.....look for the "for sellers" link and it will guide you through how to deal with things.    You can set it to be picked up only.   If you know an FFL that you plan on involving in this, they might be set up already to sell on Gun Broker.   You might think about just taking it to them and having them do the listing so its an easy, one step transaction.

You might get more if you broaden the listing and agree to ship it to an FFL in a different state.    Its really easy....just make sure you get the payment and a copy of the buyer's FFL to ship it to.   Pack it up, nice and secure and send it to their FFL.
    Thanks, i think this seems make sense to me. I will talk to the FFL i know, they already list i guess. Thanks for the advise.
  • webdiscuss789webdiscuss789 Member Posts: 3
    I advise against limiting buyers to  your home state. All "private sale" in California require a transfer through an FFL dealer, so you might as well open the auction to out of state buyers, which can bring you a lot more $$$. 
    Thanks, i think if FFL i know agree to help me list this item, that may be make more sense to me.