In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Rocky Raab

dpmuledpmule Member Posts: 6,652 ✭✭✭✭
edited July 2020 in General Discussion
last night after leaving the Rodeo in Jackson Wyoming, I was pulled over by an Police officer named            Thomas Raab.
During our conversation I brought up your name, he said he wasn't aware of any kinship or maybe he just wouldn't claim you LOL.

Mule

Comments

• Options
    allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,230 ✭✭✭✭
    And there is this guy.  He is on tv documentaries frequently he is an expert on the Mafia:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Selwyn_Raab
  • Options
    hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 14,169 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    you got pulled over and didn't get shot????????     nahhh no way...at the very least  you have to be typing this with one eye swelled shut and one arm in a sling.
  • Options
    bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    Stop shooting street signs as you pass them and they won't pull you over.  ;)o:)
  • Options
    jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,649 ******
    Rocky could be the cop’s great uncle and he just didn’t know it.
  • Options
    Rocky RaabRocky Raab Member Posts: 14,190 ✭✭✭✭
    No relation. It is a very uncommon name, but except for a cousin or two I have no living relatives.
    I may be a bit crazy - but I didn't drive myself.
  • Options
    Rocky RaabRocky Raab Member Posts: 14,190 ✭✭✭✭
    As near as I can tell, the name is of Germanic or at least NW European extraction. The double "a" is uncommon except in a few Germanic/Nordic languages. Family verbal story is that it got "Ellis Islanded" from Raaben or some such longer variant. I never cared enough to research it, quite frankly. All I know for sure is that it is the very dickens to keep people from changing it to Rabb or Robb on their own because they "know" Raab can't be right. Only an annoyance on mailing labels, but a royal PITA on anything semi-legal.
    Doesn't matter, actually. I'm the last of the line. I have two adult married daughters, no sons, and when I'm gone, so is the whole family name chain.
    I may be a bit crazy - but I didn't drive myself.
  • Options
    hillbille said:
    you got pulled over and didn't get shot????????     nahhh no way...at the very least  you have to be typing this with one eye swelled shut and one arm in a sling.
    Handed him my CWP before my license. He asked if I was carrying and I replied "both wife and I are", His reply " Thank you for informing me", he proceeded to run my stuff and since I hadn't even had one beer because of working at the Rodeo, he let me off with a verbal warning.
    I was 41 mph in a 30 mph zone, he asked why I was speeding in that section and I replied "Rodeo is over and we were getting the Hell out of Dodge" He laughed.

Mule
  • Options

Deep seat

loose rein

and a little iron encouragement

Mule