In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Protestor killed on Interstate during

Comments

• grdad45grdad45 Member Posts: 5,305 ✭✭✭✭
    Obviously someone with a death wish!!

• kimikimi Member Posts: 44,723 ✭✭✭
    The one in critical condition looks to be a dyed in the wool activist from Portland, Oregon.  
    What's next?
  • chmechme Member Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭✭
    Cause of death, Stupid in Public, compounded by public officials with a severe cojone deficit. 
  • mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,297 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    Sorry too damn bad, stay the hell out of the roads and highways and shame on the politicians who don't support safe transportation by keeping nonsense off the roads.
    If I drove up on a mob blocking the road and shouting, banging on cars etc. I don't see myself allowing people to drag me out and who knows.  I don't blame anyone for fearing for their life and gunning it through. Stay the hell out of the road!
    Years back thugs from the projects used to take the barricades cops used for flooding at the foot of the old Cooper river bridge coming into Charleston and block the road so they could car jack or mug.
    The local Chief ( I believe it was Greenberg a black guy) said run em over. The thugs stopped using the barricades to block the roads.
    Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!
  • hobo9650hobo9650 Member Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭
    Bet they won't do it again. :)
    edited July 2020

Could not have come at a better time as their kind of scum had just defaced and toppled a Confederate monument at a cemetery in Seattle the day before.

See it here:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/komonews.com/amp/news/local/confederate-monument-toppled-at-seattles-lake-view-cemetery

What's next?
  • mohawk600mohawk600 Member Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭✭
    Don't protest on highways.
  • select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    Had one Friday with a sign on a highway.. Was on the merge lane acting stupid, walked over into my main lane.. I was going about 40 MPH from the stop light... I got on both my horns and didn't stop. On a state highway acting stupid will get you ran over.
  • B17-P51B17-P51 Member Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭
    The driver was a black man. This was not mentioned in any of the news reports.
  • NeoBlackdogNeoBlackdog Member Posts: 16,566 ✭✭✭✭
    All lives splatter.   STAY THE HELL OUT OF THE ROAD!!!
  • KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭

Play Stoopid games, Win Stoopid Prizes.

• mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,297 ✭✭✭✭
    Gee I guess now the dumbarses CAN keep them off the highway LOL.
    I am truly sorry for the loss of a DA life but in NO way should the highways be closed so idiots can go dance on them and protest.
    1st the Popo (likely under the direction of some DA politician) said they had to close the road to allow protestors now not so much LOL.
    "With no effective way of stopping large crowds from entering its lengthy borders, temporarily shutting the roadway is our best measure to avoid the dangerous mixture of freeway speed, vehicles, and pedestrians and to end the disruptions as quickly as possible.”After the tragedy, the State Patrol announced it wasn’t letting protesters on the freeway, writing, “The @wastatepatrol will not be allowing protesters to enter I-5. For the safety of all citizens including protesters and motorists, pedestrians walking on the freeway will be arrested.”
    Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!
  • Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,460 ✭✭✭✭
    "With no effective way of stopping large crowds from entering its lengthy borders, temporarily shutting the roadway is our best measure to avoid the dangerous mixture of freeway speed, vehicles, and pedestrians and to end the disruptions as quickly as possible.”After the tragedy, the State Patrol announced it wasn’t letting protesters on the freeway, writing, “The @wastatepatrol will not be allowing protesters to enter I-5. For the safety of all citizens including protesters and motorists, pedestrians walking on the freeway will be arrested.”

Washington State is interesting.
    It is OK for outsiders to take over a section of the city and establish an autonomous zone.  Until the leaders in the zone decide to kill a couple of their own who stepped out of line.

It is OK to close down a freeway for protesters.  Until one of the protesters is killed.

It seems there is a way to get WA State Governments to do their job.  The problem is that it involves killing protesters. 
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • chmechme Member Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    Remember a little thing called Vietnam?  It was in all the papers.  Remember a protestor that stepped in front of a train to stop it.  Did not work, and everybody was horrified.  

Physics is a cold hearted *
  • spasmcreeksrunspasmcreeksrun Member Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭
    culling the herd of lemmings.........sometimes STUPID is hard to cure
  • gruntled2gruntled2 Member Posts: 560 ✭✭✭
    mogley98 said:
    Sorry too damn bad, stay the hell out of the roads and highways and shame on the politicians who don't support safe transportation by keeping nonsense off the roads.
    If I drove up on a mob blocking the road and shouting, banging on cars etc. I don't see myself allowing people to drag me out and who knows.  I don't blame anyone for fearing for their life and gunning it through. Stay the hell out of the road!
    Years back thugs from the projects used to take the barricades cops used for flooding at the foot of the old Cooper river bridge coming into Charleston and block the road so they could car jack or mug.
    The local Chief ( I believe it was Greenberg a black guy) said run em over. The thugs stopped using the barricades to block the roads.
    The week after the Rodney King riots I had jury duty in Compton. I took my wife's car since it was bigger than mine & I put a pistol in the center counsel. I was determined not to let myself be pulled out of my car. The first day I took the light rail Blue line in but I was shocked to find there were no police or National Guard anywhere in sight so I drove after that.
    It  was bad enough that our office & several others stopped delivery of the mail. Those of us that came to work cased the mail on all the routes & people lined up outside to get their mail. The clerks would collect several IDs & we would give them the mail for those addresses.
  • themountainmanthemountainman Member Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭
    Blocking the Interstate Highway?  There are enough traffic problems without this.
    There are 3 kinds of people in the world. Those who can do math and those who can't. :?
  • MrMag00MrMag00 Member Posts: 532 ✭✭✭
    Oh c'mon, they self identify as cars... 
  • OkieOkie Member Posts: 991 ✭✭✭
    Life is hard. It's even harder if you are stupid.
    (quote by John Wayne and I second that opinion and I approve the message)

Stupid is as Stupid does by Forest Gump
  • drobsdrobs Member Posts: 22,527 ✭✭✭✭
    That was nice of the Cops to close the highway for the protesters... :s
  • kannoneerkannoneer Member Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭✭
    Didn't any of them have mothers who taught them to stay off the highway?
  • Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,310 ***** Forums Admin
    kimi said:

Could not have come at a better time as their kind of scum had just defaced and toppled a Confederate monument at a cemetery in Seattle the day before.

See it here:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/komonews.com/amp/news/local/confederate-monument-toppled-at-seattles-lake-view-cemetery

My wife has a great great great uncle, who died in 1876 buried in that cemetery
  • chollagardenschollagardens Member Posts: 4,614 ✭✭✭
    Does anybody recall the old expression "Why don't you go play on the freeway"?
    kimi said:

See it here:

Was he one of the earliest settlers to this area?  The cemetery is a nice one.  I was fortunate enough to have been part of honoring the CSA vets buried there.
    What's next?
  • Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,460 ✭✭✭✭
    Seattle has left reality.

https://www.city-journal.org/seattle-interrupting-whiteness-training

Once the diversity trainers have established this basic conceptual framework, they encourage white employees to “practice self-talk that affirms [their] complicity in racism” and work on “undoing [their] own whiteness.” As part of this process, white employees must abandon their “white normative behavior” and learn to let go of their “comfort,” “physical safety,” “social status,” and “relationships with some other white people.” As writer James Lindsay has pointed out, this is not the language of human resources; it is the language of cult programming—persuading members they are defective in some predefined manner, exploiting their emotional vulnerabilities, and isolating them from previous relationships.

Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
    Sick stuff, but nothing another Krakatoa eruption wouldn't cure.  
    What's next?
  • Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,310 ***** Forums Admin
    kimi said:
    kimi said:

See it here:

Was he one of the earliest settlers to this area?  The cemetery is a nice one.  I was fortunate enough to have been part of honoring the CSA vets buried there.
    I believe he was born in Washington Territory. I Have more information on him. I'll check tonight, and post in a separate topic, if you are interested. Some of his siblings were born in Missouri(?), before they crossed on the Oregon Train in 1844.