In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Cal 10 MM Auto Barrel for 1911 -- maker? value?

wallyentwallyent Member Posts: 279 ✭✭
Have this 5" 1911 Barrel marked CAL 10 MM AUTO. Bottom lug on left side has P and something on other side but can't read. Possibly never shot but in now way expert to know if this is used or new. Want to list it on auction and trying to find out a brand/maker? and of what value it is. Any info you might provide would be very helpful. Thank you.

Comments

• Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    Don't know who made it? I just bought a new Colt, 10 mm barrel, from Numrich/GPC for $90. Given that, yours likely would be worth less.
  • Options
    nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,879 ✭✭✭✭
    I've seen many .45 USGI barrels made for the 1911A1 during WW2, made by contractors.  They have a proof P on 1 side of the link & a letter for the manufacturer on the other side.  Could someone have found a bunch of these old barrels, & reamed the chamber to 10mm & stamped the top of the chamber?  I don't know.  Maybe. 
    Neal

• Options
    Ricci.WrightRicci.Wright Member Posts: 5,129 ✭✭✭✭
    Ugg wouldn't you have to ream it smaller????? You are right about the P though.
  • Options
    nononsensenononsense Member Posts: 10,928 ✭✭✭✭
    There, how's that Ricci? Pretty funny huh?
    Best.

• Options
    wallyentwallyent Member Posts: 279 ✭✭
    Thanks guys. Talked to family where this came from and they were pretty sure Colt but we don't know how to verify.
    Will put on auction side with good pictures and find it a home.
  • Options
    jthoresenjthoresen Member Posts: 445 ✭✭✭
    wallyent, I hope this helps. I looked at my Colt Delta Elite barrel this morning and can confirm it looks just like the one in the pictures. The marking on mine is "-CAL 10 MM AUTO-"