In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

I Disagree

Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,476 ✭✭✭✭
Anonymously.

Any idea why you can see who likes a post and who laughs out loud at a post, but cannot see who disagree with a post?  How in the world can we get a good pissing match going with anonymous detractors?
Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele

Comments

• Options
    mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    I can see them: you have 7 disagrees from 7 different members. I'd call that well rounded. 
  • Options
    SCOUT5SCOUT5 Member Posts: 16,182 ✭✭✭✭
    I know people often disagree with me and my views on things, that's to be expected.  However I am curious as to the reasoning for disagreeing with factual statements like emerald ash bores are killing ash trees.
  • Options
    select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    Don just for giggles I gave you one.
  • Options
    KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭

I've got 26. I don't care. I speak my mind. I do not expect everyone to agree with me.

Get over it.

• Options
    US Military GuyUS Military Guy Member Posts: 3,622 ✭✭✭✭
    I have 1 individual that disagrees with me.  I don't know who it is and they have not made themselves known to me.

Oh well . . . . how am I supposed to show them the error of their ways, if I don't know who they are?

• Options
    bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    Since I seldom pay attention to who the poster is I have no idea if I gave someone a thumbs down or why.  We come here to exchange ideas in a pleasant manner.  If you disagree with my opinion you are welcome to offer your point of view and try to educate me as to why I am wrong.  I will consider your points with respect.  If you give me a thumbs down I will have Don kick your *.
  • Options
    kimikimi Member Posts: 44,723 ✭✭✭
    Anonymously.

Any idea why you can see who likes a post and who laughs out loud at a post, but cannot see who disagree with a post?  How in the world can we get a good pissing match going with anonymous detractors?
     :)  You do mean the Brown Shirt detractors, right?!!!  :D
    What's next?
  • Options
    BobJudyBobJudy Member Posts: 6,474 ✭✭✭✭
    I brought this up a few months ago. It means very little to me. I mentioned once that someone gave me a disagree when I made a joking or sarcastic remark and then I jokingly got another one because I had mentioned it. 😆 Bob
  • Options
    Nanuq907Nanuq907 Member Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭✭
    Wear your "disagrees" as a badge of honor.  Every passable leader will be loved by half the people and hated by the other half.
    Let's remember Teddy here.  Perhaps a bit melodramatic in this context, but fitting:
    “It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.”
  • Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,275 ******
    I have nearly twice as many disagrees as likes. I figure I must be doing something right to strike that many nerves.
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    bs233jlbs233jl Member Posts: 594 ✭✭✭
    Sorry, that was a mistake. Honestly.
  • Options
    BobJudyBobJudy Member Posts: 6,474 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm movin' on up! Got two disagrees today. One was because I made fun of the Nagant handgun. 😆😆 Bob
  • Options
    select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2020

Nice. It looks like some (or several) comedian went through and "disagreed" with almost every post. Some have 2/3.

Also shows how little they mean, because some people think it is funny to throw them out there.

• Options

I've got 26. I don't care. I speak my mind. I do not expect everyone to agree with me.

Get over it.

Get over what?
    Don

Brad Steele
  • Options
    kimikimi Member Posts: 44,723 ✭✭✭
    Thatwhatyamacallit!  Why?
    What's next?
  • Options
    kimi said:
    Thatwhatyamacallit!  Why?
    Now you're just causing trouble, kimi.  I may have to anonymously flag you for abuse.

Brad Steele