In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Trying to find a 25 gal

hobo9650hobo9650 Member Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭
sprayer that won't cut down to a small stream after the first use.

I bought the one that Tractor Supply sells ($178) and put weed killer in it.  Worked fine on first use.  A few days later used it again and could get a small stream about 10 feet.  Evidently they have changed the material in flow control.  Took it back and they replaced it.  Second one done the same thing.

I have been using their sprayers for years with no problems.  I spray weed and grass killer instead of weed eating.  Yep, I'm lazy.  Thinking the grass/weed killer is eating the inside of the pump controls.

Anyone have a new one that works.  If so, what brand, etc?

Comments

• Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,184 ******
    If I searched out a 25 gal, my wife would get upset!
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • JimmyJackJimmyJack Member Posts: 5,385 ✭✭✭✭
    Do you rinse them out?  

• Chief ShawayChief Shaway Member, Moderator Posts: 6,191 ******

Try a Agri-Fab one.

But as said, if you don’t rinse it out, the tip and pump could clog.

• hobo9650hobo9650 Member Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭
    It was cleaned out after each use.  Filter is not plugged.  

Thanks for your input.

• truthfultruthful Member Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭✭
    Some week killer materials will corrode brass. Best to go with all plastic.
  • JunkballerJunkballer Member Posts: 9,148 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    hobo9650 said:
    sprayer that won't cut down to a small stream after the first use.
    You wanting a small stream from a sprayer ?? In that case you need a spray tip with a larger hole to help release un-wanted back pressure (or no tip at all).  Tips can be drilled out to suit your need.  ;) It sounds like your pump is doing what it's designed to do.......spray.

"Never do wrong to make a friend----or to keep one".....Robert E. Lee

• Smitty500magSmitty500mag Member Posts: 13,603 ✭✭✭✭
    The Round UP one gallon battery powered sprayer that I've been using around the house for 4 or 5 years is still working and I've only had to change the batteries one time. Anything bigger than a gallon would get my old arms tired of lugging around after a little while. I never use over one gallon at a time anyway. 
  • spasmcreeksrunspasmcreeksrun Member Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭
    something NOT made in chinee
  • hobo9650hobo9650 Member Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭
    Went to TS and talked with mgr.  He said that that item was the most returned item in the store.  I've used the TS sprayer for about 8 years with no problem.  They are advertised to spray 28 feet.  Wish I could put my old motor on this new one, but they have completely change the system.  The pressure gauge shows the pressure is leaking without the trigger being pulled.
  • pulsarncpulsarnc Member Posts: 6,217 ✭✭✭✭

I have a sprayer from tractor supply don’t recall the brand right off hand. Been working welll for 12 years . Just keep it cleaned out between uses

cry Havoc and let slip  the dogs of war.....