Yahoo "News" Ceases Comments on Articles

jim_lemayjim_lemay Member Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭
Yahoo has "ceased" allowing comments on their Lame Stream Media articles. Started today, it seems like a censor the facts added by comments added. No comments no readee by me.         B)

Comments

• serfserf Member Posts: 7,222 ✭✭✭
    All news is getting censored to stay political correct. Major search engines filter out any search that does not fit their profile standards.
                                     serf
  • GreatGunsGreatGuns Member Posts: 5,537 ✭✭✭
    Don't take me wrong or jump off a flippin cliff, just think about my question and answer it with calm resolute.

"Why would an individual, group or business present their message to the general populous and allow outside players to post anti-whatever to their message?"

In my opinion, it would be no different than a bill board on the side of the highway. You rent it and post your message. I guess you could rent the next bill board on the road to counter or dispute the message. Is there some "right to reply" in our laws that I missed? If so, does it apply to the political ads too? Sure would be interesting to have a running comment section for each political ad. Maybe even a "fact check" to help.
    "Confuse what you can of the ending and revise your despise so impending...'Cause I soak on the wrath that you didn't quite mask...
    I'm getting it clearly through alternate paths or mixed in with the signal you're sending."  Trey Anastasio
     I get it! That's why they suspend political advertisements permanently before an election? Like Face Book, Spotify twitter etc..
      You see  They will lose revenue when boycotted. It's all about the money! Blame it on those Damn Russians too. Free Speech is now either misalign,not allowed or hate speech, so they just stay away from any revenue eaters that violates good common sense and is propaganda! The Think police controlling the narrative !

serf

1984 the year 1984, when much of the world has fallen victim to perpetual war, omnipresent government surveillance, historical negationism, and propaganda. Great Britain, known as Airstrip One, has become a province of a totalitarian superstate named Oceania that is ruled by the Party who employ the Thought Police to persecute individuality and independent thinking.[4] Big Brother, the leader of the Party, enjoys an intense cult of personality despite the fact that he may not exist.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/04/23/google-advertiser-verification-process-now-required.html

An individual from the organization also needs to provide legal identification on the organization’s behalf. Individuals have to show government-issued photo ID like a passport or ID card. Google said it previously had collected basic information about the advertiser but didn’t require documentation to verify. 

Google will give feedback or provide approval within three to five business days, using a combination of human and tech reviews. Documents are approved by humans, a spokeswoman said.

• GreatGunsGreatGuns Member Posts: 5,537 ✭✭✭
    Wow, all over the board. Never mind.
    "Confuse what you can of the ending and revise your despise so impending...'Cause I soak on the wrath that you didn't quite mask...
    I'm getting it clearly through alternate paths or mixed in with the signal you're sending."  Trey Anastasio
  • BobJudyBobJudy Member Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭
    edited July 23
    GreatGuns said:
    Don't take me wrong or jump off a flippin cliff, just think about my question and answer it with calm resolute.

"Why would an individual, group or business present their message to the general populous and allow outside players to post anti-whatever to their message?"

In my opinion, it would be no different than a bill board on the side of the highway. You rent it and post your message. I guess you could rent the next bill board on the road to counter or dispute the message. Is there some "right to reply" in our laws that I missed? If so, does it apply to the political ads too? Sure would be interesting to have a running comment section for each political ad. Maybe even a "fact check" to help.
    This ability to instantly reply to something reported in the media is a relatively recent phenomenon. Some sites like my local news service (MLive) removed their comments option for readers as it was taken over by attention seeking idiots. Some days there were more deleted posts due to profanity and even threats of violence than there were legitimate posts about the article. With todays instant communication comes a certain level of responsibility that clearly some aren't capable of performing. Some people are paid to spread propaganda on comment sections. So I agree with you, why should those sites provide a place for the idiots and paid troublemakers? Bob
  • jim_lemayjim_lemay Member Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭
    jim_lemay said:
    Yahoo has "ceased" allowing comments on their Lame Stream Media articles. Started today, it seems like a censor the facts added by comments added. No comments no readee by me.         B)
    Posted the information to alert any Yahoo users of a change to their content today.    :sweat_smile:
    edited July 23
    httpsiredditwcl0pm2kjec51jpg
     The New Normal here in The USA.