That's It! (saw horses)

Flying Clay DiskFlying Clay Disk Member Posts: 34,472 ✭✭✭✭
Seems like I'm constantly in need of saw horses for one thing or other.  (cutting plywood or large stuff, saw runout table, long trim, etc.) I have a couple workmates, but they're usually too low for what I need.  I have some saw horses I made, but they're a pain to move around.  I always make something work, but it's usually some cobbled up solution.
I have a couple of these plastic adjustable folding ones from Stanley.  I've had them for years, and hated them the whole time.  Some may recall a post from me a while back where I got bit on my thumb by one of these.  Damn near amputated my thumb in that deal.  My thumbnail is still black and growing out from that.  Two nights ago the same damn thing almost happened again...to the same thumb!  That's it!  I've had it!  They're goin' in the dumpster!  No more!
So I've purchased some of these sawhorses from an outfit named Toughbuilt.  They're on the way.  Hopefully these ones will work out better.  Anyone have any experience with them?

Comments

• Flying Clay DiskFlying Clay Disk Member Posts: 34,472 ✭✭✭✭
    These ones looked pretty slick too, but they were like $30 bucks more apiece, so I opted for the first ones.

• Old-ColtsOld-Colts Member Posts: 22,395 ✭✭✭
    edited August 1
    Hmmmmmm; I don't need one, but I might have to get a couple, uh, just in case!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you can't feel the music; it's only pink noise!

• danielgagedanielgage Member Posts: 9,581 ✭✭✭
    I need to buy some also
    Anymore, doing stuff on the ground all the time is just too painful.  I need things up off the ground where I'm not on my knees.
  • Smitty500magSmitty500mag Member Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭
    edited August 1
    They have the Toughbuilt Saw Horses on Amazon for $34.99 for the C550 with free shipping with Prime. What did you have to pay straight from the company?

The reviews say the model C700 is heavy duty and worth the extra money but the C550 are flimsey and bend very easy. 
  • RobOzRobOz Member Posts: 9,054 ✭✭✭

I have several and prefer the ones that have pinch points when folding up end of day.

• hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 10,857 ✭✭✭
    edited August 1
    I had the cheap plastic stanley ones for years put a 2x4 on top of plastic, then 2x6 and finally 2x8 just to get extra heighth, when the 2x8 gets to sawn up remove it and replace it with new 2x8 over the other boards, makes em little heavier, but a good 6 inches taller, mine rarely leave the garage so no big deal.....
    They have the Toughbuilt Saw Horses on Amazon for $34.99 for the C550 with free shipping with Prime. What did you have to pay straight from the company?

The reviews say the model C700 is heavy duty and worth the extra money but the C550 are flimsey and bend very easy. 
    I got the C600's for $44.99