In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Pistol Slide with Rampant Lion ??

jpcjpc Member Posts: 330 ✭✭✭
Look familiar ?

Appreciate the help and leads

thank you

Comments

• Ricci.WrightRicci.Wright Member Posts: 5,129 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2020
    Spanish. Maybe a Ruby pistol??
  • dunbarboyzdunbarboyz Member Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭✭
  • jpcjpc Member Posts: 330 ✭✭✭
    I will follow the leads and thank you gentlemen ☺
  • chmechme Member Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭✭
    The Ruby type pistol by Gabilondo was a descendant of an earlier pistol made by Unceta,  that would later become Astra- so it gets a little tangled in there.  But those curved serrations in the slide speak of Eibar Spain as the origin, no matter which name.   
  • nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 35,988 ******
    Do you have a Triple K pistol magazine catalog?  If not, get one.  It has line drawings of dozens of obscure pistols.
  • rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,649 ✭✭✭
    My reference, "Gunmarks" , by David Byron. Identifies a very similar appearing proof mark. As being Spanish. It was a early, (circa mid 1920's). Definitive proof, on handguns. Prior to the mid 1920's, Spain unlike the other European countries. Didn't have a legal requirement, that firearms had to be proofed.  
    Thank you gentlemen for the fast and informative leads and references.

I have a better direction to search in now ☺
  • TRAP55TRAP55 Member Posts: 8,270 ✭✭✭
    The rampant lion is a Czech military acceptance stamp, but I'm pretty sure the slide was made in Spain by Urizar before 1935. Sorry I don't know the details of the Czech/Spain connection, but I've seen what look like Czech designs copied by Urizar, so I'm guessing some kind of pre-war licensing agreement. The ones I've come across have both countries proof stamps on the left side forward of the serrations.

"Official" Ruby"
    has a lion and PV on the rear, lion on the barrel and lion on the slide. CAL 765

Many thanks and the mystery has be solved ☺☺