In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Ed Brown Custom 300 Weatherby Magnum

tigeroutdoorstigeroutdoors Member Posts: 1
I bought a Ed Brown Custom 300 Weatherby Magnum a number of years ago when I needed a big game rifle.  It's an amazing gun with one little scratch near the muzzle.  Getting ready to list it and wanted to ask for some suggestions.  I have a Swarovski 6-24X50 mounted on it which is in as new condition.  Questions are:  Should I list the package and give the option to sell the gun only?  How much for each one or the package?  Also, Gun Broker doesn't offer Ed Brown in the Manufacturer selection for a rifle when trying to list it.  I've sent in requests a couple of times over the last couple of weeks with no response.  Suggestions for listing?

Comments

• Options
    mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    "Other manufacturer" followed by Ed Brown is probably the only viable listing. As an administrator I steer clear of offering up values. 
  • Options
    Mark GMark G Member Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭
    As a buyer its always nice to have a known working package with quality items. One thing I absolutely hate is when someone lists an item with photos fully outfitted and says "scope not included", rings not included" "sling not included" etc... 
    Picture what you are selling and then mention in the add that the scope is available in another auction if that's what you decide to do. I think most sellers will agree that selling it separate will bring you the most return. 
    A quick search brought back only (4) Ed Brown rifles currently listed on Gunbroker.
    https://www.gunbroker.com/Rifles/search?Keywords=ed%20brown&Sort=13&PageSize=24
    Good luck with your auction and post a link with a plug in the GD forum.

• Options
    Ricci.WrightRicci.Wright Member Posts: 5,129 ✭✭✭✭
    While there are exceptions, has been my experience that rifle and scope listed separately bring more. 
  • Options
    Butchdog2Butchdog2 Member Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭✭
    2 cents, list a rifle and a scope together and the scope will go as a freebie.
    Best to list separately.
  • Options
    GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,750 ✭✭✭✭
    With that scope, separate, I mean it's not a 50 dollar Tasco like some put on them. As above, DO NOT leave it on if you are just selling the rifle. I see a pic and read the listing and last line, scope not included, I will never bid on that item. That's BS. Tough call as to what it will bring. good luck sir and post the link when you sell it.