In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Mr. Perfect

austin20austin20 Member Posts: 34,929 ✭✭✭✭

Has anyone here seen or heard from him lately?

Comments

• Options
    mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    He absence crossed my mind the other day. 16 July was his last post. 
  • Options
    NeoBlackdogNeoBlackdog Member Posts: 16,636 ✭✭✭✭
    I thought about him the other day, too.  Didn't he have a big backpacking trip scheduled?
  • Options
    mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited August 2020
    I thought about him the other day, too.  Didn't he have a big backpacking trip scheduled?
    His last posts were about his suffering chronic back pain due to his having two bulged disks: https://forums.gunbroker.com/discussion/comment/11201204#Comment_11201204

I say a backpacking excursion is doubtful. On the other hand we had a forum member who was on 100% disability and spent his time hunting, fishing, and whitewater rafting. 
  • Options
    asopasop Member Posts: 8,910 ✭✭✭✭
    I was thinking that same thing yesterday!  Different kind of guy but then aren't we all  :#.
  • Options
    Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,355 ***** Forums Admin
    I was just thinking 'bout  him 20 minutes ago. Hope all is well with him.
  • Options
    bustedkneebustedknee Member Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm sure there is no problem.  After all, he is "Mr Perfect"!
    I can't believe they misspelled "Pork and Beans!"
  • Options
    4205raymond4205raymond Member Posts: 3,248 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2020
    When your boss comes to visit you in the hospital in traction and says "How much longer do you think you will be here. We don't know how much longer we can keep your job open." You know you are in deep dodo. Only people with chronic back pain can understand. I have had burning pain so bad in thighs that I could not even put my clothes on 30 years ago and other places I should not mention here. Been there done that. I wish you well Mr P and hope you are doing better. --------------------Ray
  • Options
    asop said:
    I was thinking that same thing yesterday!  Different kind of guy but then aren't we all  :#.
    Having met him in person (had breakfast one morning when I was passing through his neck of the woods) I can assure you that the only thing really different about him is that he is extremely intelligent.   
    Hopefully we'll see him back here soon.  
  • Options
  • Options
    toad67toad67 Member Posts: 13,019 ✭✭✭✭
    I do hope that all is okay with MP...
  • Options
    pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    toad67 said:
    I do hope that all is okay with MP...

Me too.
  • Options
    jltrentjltrent Member Posts: 9,206 ✭✭✭✭
    I hope he has not gotten Covid.
  • Options
    montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 57,992 ******
    Update???  Anyone make contact??
  • Options
    I sent him a PM a week or so ago.  Haven't heard back.  
    Sure hope he's OK and checks in soon.
  • Options
    Thanks for trying to contact him.  I too hope all is O.K.   Sure wish he'd check in.
  • Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,258 ******
    His last posts were about his suffering chronic back pain due to his having two bulged disks: https://forums.gunbroker.com/discussion/comment/11201204#Comment_11201204

I say a backpacking excursion is doubtful. On the other hand we had a forum member who was on 100% disability and spent his time hunting, fishing, and whitewater rafting. 

I actually did go backpacking. My back pain is on the mend (due in no small part to some of the therapeutic suggestions from members here, particularly FCD, but also due to my Dr.). Before my trip (which was pretty short), I did some workouts that would prove or disprove my ability to do the hike. TBH, I was really depressed by the severity of the pain and what that meant for participating in activities like that, which I greatly enjoy. I found a few vids on YT made by guys that continue to enjoy the sport through incredible pain and disease and back problems that lifted my spirits significantly and gave me hope. Things started to improve and I dropped a few pounds- both on my waistline and in my pack- and found that things actually felt BETTER when I was carrying a pack (properly adjusted and well balanced). I am not pain free, but I can still participate in the things I enjoy and I thank God and folks like FCD (and others I now forget... sorry) for the advice, encouragement, and general help they have been on this forum.
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    asop said:
    Having met him in person (had breakfast one morning when I was passing through his neck of the woods) I can assure you that the only thing really different about him is that he is extremely intelligent.   

Steve, there's no need to mislead folks like this.
    And fiery auto crashes
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    asop said:

Steve, there's no need to mislead folks like this.
    Well, you weren't here so I figured I'd stick up for ya!
    Don't sell yourself short, Randy.  
  • Options
    Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,355 ***** Forums Admin
    Glad to see ya back, Mr. P!
  • Options
  • Options
    Old-ColtsOld-Colts Member Posts: 22,700 ✭✭✭
    Welcome back!

If you can't feel the music; it's only pink noise!

• Options
    It was like a month!  Y'all missed me that much?  heh. Well good. It's good to be missed. I'm sure it was a good miss.
    And fiery auto crashes
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,472 ✭✭✭✭

Glad to hear you’re doing OK, Randy.

Don

Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • Options
    ruger41ruger41 Member Posts: 14,647 ✭✭✭

Welcome back Randy

• Options
    SW0320SW0320 Member Posts: 2,392 ✭✭✭✭
    Welcome back.  Where did you go backpacking?  Any pictures?
    Been a lot of years since I did a backpacking trip.  I can't imagine doing it with a sore back.  Last one I did was 10 days in the White Mountains of NH.  Our packs were about 50-60 lbs when we started.  Every night when we took the packs off it felt like we walking on air.
  • Options
    SW0320 said:
    Welcome back.  Where did you go backpacking?  Any pictures?
    Been a lot of years since I did a backpacking trip.  I can't imagine doing it with a sore back.  Last one I did was 10 days in the White Mountains of NH.  Our packs were about 50-60 lbs when we started.  Every night when we took the packs off it felt like we walking on air.

I did a very short trip up in the Eagle Cap wilderness. It actually got cut short because one of my hiking buddies was having issues along the way. I didn't get many pictures, but here are a couple.

And fiery auto crashes
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    Glad you're back. 
  • Options
    pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    Randy, good to see you back, and that things were not "too" bad, you had some of us concerned. Hope you enjoyed your vacation, which it sounds like you did.

For future reference, if you plan to take an extended leave of absence from the forum in the future, you need to get permission first. LOL
  • Options
    pickenup said:
    Randy, good to see you back, and that things were not "too" bad, you had some of us concerned. Hope you enjoyed your vacation, which it sounds like you did.

For future reference, if you plan to take an extended leave of absence from the forum in the future, you need to get permission first. LOL

The leave of absence from the forum wasn't exactly planned. :/
    And fiery auto crashes
    Coming down the mountain