Action by Trucking firms and the truckers may change things quickly

us55840us55840 Member Posts: 31,282 ✭✭✭✭
edited August 19 in Politics

Truck Company Says Cities Who Defund Police Are in for Big Surprise

As I am sure you have heard, liberals everywhere are crying out for us to defund the police, if not disband them completely. Now, as you can imagine, this is causing problems in larger cities where crime is only escalating with the lack of officers on the ground or those who have their hands pretty much tied.

But as one trucking company owner describes, it’s soon to cause another major issue for those cities.

As co-owner of JKC Trucking, an Illinois-based trucking company, Mike Kucharski recently told Fox and Friends First, anywhere that shuts down their police is effectively also shutting down their most essential supply chains.

You see, for Kucharski and many other trucking owners, it’s all about safety for their drivers.

He said, “Our first priority is to support our drivers and their safety when they’re on the road.”

As he explains, trucking has always been a dangerous job and one that demands certain precautions to be taken. Kucharski says, “when you’re on the road, you have – you’re for weeks and days at a time, driving 11 hours with valuable cargo, everybody wants to steal this.”

But now that police are being limited both in numbers and operations in some areas, things have become even more treacherous for truckers. He says, “There is no safe place. Violence is everywhere. So, if you’re going to be having valuable cargo and there’s going to be no police to rely on, who’s going to protect our drivers?”

And this is precisely why he says, “Defunding the police is a bad idea.”

He added, “The states that are going to defund the police, we’re not going to go to because we’re trying to avoid those states for safety reasons.”

Furthermore, he notes that “drivers have the right to refuse a load because they are worried about their own safety.” And if drivers begin doing this often, or en masse, some cities will soon find themselves without food and other supplies, and very quickly.

“If these drivers all refuse to go into these areas, the food supply chain collapses. There’s going to be no more essential goods. The people in these states are going to run out of food. Then there’s going to be complete chaos. I’d say 72 hours and that’s it. The party’s over.”

Obviously, hotbeds of violence and mayhem such as Seattle, Portland, Minneapolis, and New York will be the most heavily influenced, as police there are being more and more limited, and subsequently, riots, looting, and murder rates have skyrocketed.

But as USA Today points out, its not just these densely populated areas where police have begun to be defunded and disbanded. According to the outlet, police departments all over the country are reporting cuts in both personal and funding as the progressive left continues to push for the extinction of law enforcement.

However, as Kucharski makes clear, the mostly Democratic leaders who are allowing such are about to get a rude awakening.

These government officials have one priority that rises above all others: to protect and support their citizens. And if they aren’t willing to do their jobs, kowtowing to the left instead, then why should truckers be forced to do their job either, especially when it puts them and their very lives at risk.

Kucharski asks of these cities, “What are we supposed to do when we’re in trouble? I mean, somebody wants to hijack the truck? Somebody beats up a driver? You know, hurts my driver. We’re not going to be able to help them, and we’re not going to be able to provide the backup for them to be safe.”

The only option is just not to go there anymore.

And it’s not like you can blame them. No one wants to travel to those areas. No one wants to put their very lives in jeopardy.

As one trucker tweeted, “If I hear that there are protests or an area isn’t safe, I’m turning around at any cost.”

Maybe if enough truckers do this, these cities will learn the cost of not having police to protect not only themselves but the supplies they so desperately rely on. Either that or they are going to have to start growing their own food.

"This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or exercise their revolutionary right to overthrow it." Abraham Lincoln

Comments

• grdad45grdad45 Member Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭
    Now, that would be a wake-up call! I can assure you that I wouldn't send an employee into a place that I wouldn't feel safe going myself. 
  • KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 7,374 ✭✭✭✭

Good for them.

Actions have consequences.

Extreme NE TN/W NC ya'll. 😁

• Ricci.WrightRicci.Wright Member Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭✭
    They be woke. And hungry. How they gonna loot when there is no loot??
  • mac10mac10 Member Posts: 983 ✭✭✭
    like the cockroach they will turn and eat each other
  • MrMag00MrMag00 Member Posts: 364 ✭✭✭
    Cut off the food supply, that changes attitudes real quick.  
  • chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 10,970 ✭✭✭✭
    MrMag00 said:
    Cut off the food supply, that changes attitudes real quick.  
    Cut off the crystal meth and crack cocaine.  That will get their attention
  • jim_lemayjim_lemay Member Posts: 3,199 ✭✭✭
    No gasoline, food, water or electricity. Looters have to walk to looting site, hungry, dehydrated and can't charge cell phones. State & Local Police need to "stop and frisk" every bus on the roads into conflict zones.
     B) 
  • us55840us55840 Member Posts: 31,282 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 20
    The cockroaches love the concrete jungle where they can disappear into a crowd or multitude of buildings.
    Not so in the rural areas they avoid like the plague. 
    Antifa needed the POLICE to protect THEM at the motorcycle rally in Sturgis SD earlier this month.  It's on video at youtube
    When the food/goods deliveries cease - they best stay in the concrete jungle.
     :D 
    "This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or exercise their revolutionary right to overthrow it." Abraham Lincoln
  • spasmcreeksrunspasmcreeksrun Member Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭
    read a deal about Texas governor stating that if cities defund police the state will DEFUND the cities...way to go TEXAS !!!
  • SCOUT5SCOUT5 Member Posts: 14,654 ✭✭✭✭
    A trucker should avoid areas of conflict and high risk for personal; safety and protection of the material being hauled.    The areas with the issue now have well funded police departments but the problems still exist.  All or nothing thinking is rarely productive and that seems to be the motto here.   Evaluating police budgets and  keeping them inline with a reasonable tax burden for the tax payer should be a high priority for government at any level.