In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Stoeger/Beretta Cougar grips

GunHawkGunHawk Member Posts: 5
I have owned a couple of Cougars....both brands...and I find no fault in them EXCEPT I want to find the slimmest grip panels available. I have large hands but I really want to thin down the grip for just a little better control and point and aim. I once had the aluminum version but don't remember the thickness for comparison! Any help> STAY HEALTHY!!
John Bernard Books:
Sometimes it isn't being fast that counts, or even accurate; but willing. Most men will draw a breath or blink an eye before they shoot. I won't.

Comments

• rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,649 ✭✭✭
    I don't know if it would work, with the Cougar platform? But I wanted something similar for the 1911. Cut up thin sheet aluminum. The same external size of the original grips. Drilled holes for the grip screws in correct location. Used after market button head grip screws. So that the protruding screws wouldn't cut up my hand. Covered the aluminum with non-skid/skate board tape, (local hardware stores don't carry skateboard tape, but carry similar stuff as non-skid for stairs).