Jeep’s new $100,000+ Grand Wagoneer

austin20austin20 Member Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭

BOO. this is the concept but I think it’s kinda ugly and it’s a Fiat.

Comments

• bustedkneebustedknee Member Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭
    I be laughing.

I owned a 2000 Jeep Wrangler TJ.
    It was the most amazing 4WD I ever drove.  (When it was running).
    I called it my "Work on it all week so I can drive it on Saturday" vehicle.
    $100,000 you say?
    I can't believe they misspelled "Pork and Beans!"
  • Nanuq907Nanuq907 Member Posts: 437 ✭✭✭
    Holy crap, for $100k you can buy a real car.  
    Why would anyone take a $100k car off pavement?  They won't?  Why would anyone take a $100k car out in horrible snow and ice conditions?  They won't?  So why make a $100k 4wd vehicle?
  • BobJudyBobJudy Member Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭✭
    Nanuq907 said:
    Why would anyone take a $100k car off pavement?  They won't?  Why would anyone take a $100k car out in horrible snow and ice conditions?  They won't?  So why make a $100k 4wd vehicle?
    To amaze your friends at the country club. I still am in shock from buying my Acadia at a little less than half that 2 years ago. It better last a loooong time. Bob
  • austin20austin20 Member Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭
    edited September 3

Yep, loaded Suburban or Expeditions sticker upper 80’s. Loaded Navigator mid to upper 90’s . Loaded Escalade Or Range Rover sticker 100+.. Jeep/Fiat wants to get some of that business

• bpostbpost Member Posts: 30,965 ✭✭✭✭
    I bought 72.5 acres and a nice little house for $80,000 in 2001.  I won't spend more on a car than my home and land.  That $100,000 vehicle will still wind up in a junk yard, my land will still be here.  My home, with the addition of more than 2X the space and several out buildings is now worth $250,000.   The jeep will lose over $30,000 in value within 30 months.  In ten years the repairs for the fancy gadgets will cost you $5,000 to fix.
    NO THANK YOU!!!
  • select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 62,756 ✭✭✭✭
    I think the jeeps will be sitting on dealers lots awhile
  • WarbirdsWarbirds Member Posts: 15,435 ✭✭✭

This is how you convince people they got a deal when they buy one for 75k.

• buddybbuddyb Member Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭
    And it has a Chrysler engine.
  • mac10mac10 Member Posts: 983 ✭✭✭
    hellcat under the hood??
  • truthfultruthful Member Posts: 956 ✭✭✭
    JINO. Jeep In Name Only

I drive a ‘96 Land Rover that still works like new, and a ‘63 Land Rover with 410,000 miles that doesn’t even use oil. And they’ll off-road just fine. I think I’ll keep ‘em.

• 4205raymond4205raymond Member Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭
    bpost is spot on. Ugly, Ugly,Ugly. Fiat Chrysler will loose their shirt on this one. Still, what do us po boys know about marketing?
  • hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭
    edited September 4
    the new millenials will buy em, they don't care if they keep up payments or not, drive em for a few months to show off to their friends and let the bank have em back.....
  • gesshotsgesshots Member Posts: 14,186 ✭✭✭
    My first 4WD was a 1963 Wagoneer. OEM by Kaiser Motors.   Paid $250 in 1978 [ $993.49 IN 2020]. ... new tires cost more than vehicle ;)

'63 Wagoneer ... nice.  The flatter the sides, the more it's designed for the offroad.
  • mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 17,567 ✭✭✭✭
    Shows how the value of a dollar has eroded, 300K or more for a house, 50K or more for a car, 100K in school debt, God help the younger generations
    Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!
    No kidding.  I tried a pay phone the other day and the lady cut in...  "Please deposit $5 for the next three minutes".
  • austin20austin20 Member Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭
    edited September 4
  • hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭
    Nanuq907 said:
    No kidding.  I tried a pay phone the other day and the lady cut in...  "Please deposit $5 for the next three minutes".
    at least you still have them, can't find one around here, I don't carry a cell phone and if out and about there is no way I can make a call anymore.......
  • gesshotsgesshots Member Posts: 14,186 ✭✭✭
    edited September 8
    Nanuq907 said:

So all the illegals / celbs in sun belt states, like LA/Hollywood,CA for example can show off ! ... and after all BLM too.
    I'll wager photographers are lining up to see who will be first to show up at the unemployment office with a 100K Jeep ! ... Really, you can't drive the Mercedes, every day !
    . :D>:):D
  • Flying Clay DiskFlying Clay Disk Member Posts: 34,823 ✭✭✭✭
    I read an article a while back where they interviewed some interesting Amazon and Ebay sellers.  These folks were selling common items for 80-100x the MSRP...and people were buying them!  There is apparently a segment of society who will intentionally search out the most ridiculously expensive price and line up to pay it.  Crazy, I know, but it was an interesting article written by some psychologists.
    Apparently, people have such a guilt complex they simply cannot bring themselves to pay the normal price for something, so they will intentionally pay hundreds of times the normal price just to feel good with themselves.  Not so incidentally, this is the same reason all the street / freeway ramp beggars can make as much money as they do.  Unbelievably, these guys make money hand over fist for doing nothing but begging. 
    In the case of the sellers noted above, one question posed to them was if they felt guilty selling a $10 item for $400.  Their response was pretty predictable...nope, if people are stupid enough to buy it they'll gladly sell it to them...all day long.
    <Sigh> I guess I chose the wrong career profession.
    Note: And on a serious note, this is why you should always look for the lowest price on Amazon (etc); just because it says "Prime" doesn't mean it's the best deal, or anywhere close to it (which is another scam, for another post).
  • Ricci.WrightRicci.Wright Member Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭✭
    But, you can finance it forever. It's only the monthly payment that's important. 
  • bambihunterbambihunter Member Posts: 10,431 ✭✭✭
    This will go right along with the "are you upside down in your car payment"? Buy this car and get right side up. I don't see how anyone can fall for that line of thinking.
    Fanatic collector of the 10mm auto.