Weather Forecast = Crazy!!

Flying Clay DiskFlying Clay Disk Member Posts: 34,951 ✭✭✭✭
So get a load of this...
The weather forecast for today, Sunday, is the usual...97F, red flag and more fires.
Monday, more of the same...96F and more fires.  THEN, on Tuesday...
Tuesday, daytime high of 36F and 100% chance of SNOW clear into Tuesday night!!😲😲
Lows below freezing Tuesday night and Wednesday night (meaning frost).
Fall?  What Fall????

Comments

• Rocky RaabRocky Raab Member Posts: 10,900 ✭✭✭✭
    FCD, that IS Fall. It's like Spring: a time of abrupt and wide swings of weather. Old Ma Nature takes these couple of months to try on different outfits before she settles in on a whole different wardrobe. And thus, so do we. It's a time of tee shirt one day and sweater the next. Twice a year, and so it has been since time began.
    I may be a bit crazy - but I didn't drive myself.
  • danielgagedanielgage Member Posts: 9,628 ✭✭✭
    what town shows this forecast?
  • toad67toad67 Member Posts: 9,967 ✭✭✭
    I think that FCD has a forecast in Colorado. Here in Oregon, they are predicting a major wind event Monday, into Tuesday, with gusts up to 60mph..... Could be pretty damaging to the trees since they are still full of leaves...
  • Flying Clay DiskFlying Clay Disk Member Posts: 34,951 ✭✭✭✭
    Colorado, correct.  Eastern plains.
  • Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,820 ✭✭✭
    I saw that forecast,.....like a 60 degree drop in less than 24 hours! It's been intolerably hot here the past few days. Finally today a tiny bit of a break.
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
  • dreherdreher Member Posts: 7,349 ✭✭✭
    Our forecast for Tuesday is 88 degrees!!  It has been a hot summer.  32 degrees would be wonderful!!
  • SW0320SW0320 Member Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭
    I heard about the snow but did not realize it was going from the high temperatures you mentioned.  
    Sounds like where we lived at in Maine.  We used to joke there were two seasons winter and the Fourth of July.
  • rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,461 ✭✭✭
    I envy you! We got a couple of days, forecast this week in the high 90's. But other than that, it's going to be in the hundreds for the next couple of weeks. Wouldn't be at all surprised, if it's still in the hundreds  come October.
  • us55840us55840 Member Posts: 31,365 ✭✭✭✭
    So get a load of this...
    The weather forecast for today, Sunday, is the usual...97F, red flag and more fires.
    Monday, more of the same...96F and more fires.  THEN, on Tuesday...
    Tuesday, daytime high of 36F and 100% chance of SNOW clear into Tuesday night!!😲😲
    Lows below freezing Tuesday night and Wednesday night (meaning frost).
    Fall?  What Fall????
    Well, you KNOW it's because of GLOBAL WARMING!!!   
     :D  :open_mouth:
    "This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or exercise their revolutionary right to overthrow it." Abraham Lincoln
    Now they're calling for a Winter Weather Advisory for both tomorrow and Wednesday into Wednesday overnight.  8" of snow predicted.  It's currently about 70F, expected to go to 94F today.  Crazy!
  • us55840us55840 Member Posts: 31,365 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 7
    I'm damn happy winter is coming.
    The same weather year 'round is totally BORING!!!

The weather is like women .... it changes without notice!   ;)

Also ... quite unpredictable.   :o

"This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or exercise their revolutionary right to overthrow it." Abraham Lincoln
  • spasmcreeksrunspasmcreeksrun Member Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭
    had 101* yesterday and it is supposed to drop about 50 some degrees for tuesday......nuts..looks like we may get some rain ...been bone dry rite here in south central kansas...
    Oh don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining about some cold weather and precipitation.  We need water so bad here it hurts.
    I'll take moisture out of the sky in any form it comes in!
    And I'm certainly not going to complain about a break in the relentless heat this year!  I love cold weather over hot weather any day!
  • rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,461 ✭✭✭
    Wind advisory for Tuesday. Gusts of up to 50 MPH, from the north. Out in the desert it makes driving a bear, with the blowing sand etc. Over in callie with the fires. It's the last thing that they need.

Over and above the fire danger. PG & E has been shutting off the power, because of the  danger of falling hot lines etc. It just makes callie more and more unliveable. The refugees will be streaming east, over the Colorado in droves. Don't mind them, as long as they don't bring their limp *, leftie politics with them.
  • nononsensenononsense Member, Moderator Posts: 10,587 ******
    FCD
    How are you holding up today, Tuesday? Did the temps drop as forecasted?

We're cooling down for 3 days but then right back up.

Best.

• Nanuq907Nanuq907 Member Posts: 468 ✭✭✭
    We had a crazy windstorm over the last few days, calming down now.  It blew so hard it slid the stone table 3 feet across the deck.  Nice result from that is all the wreckage and chips from splitting my winter's firewood blew away.  
    Weather is doing exactly as predicted at the moment.  Woke up to 36F and the temps have been dropping ever since.  Rain mixed with snow so far.  No accumulations yet though, but the day is still young.  Currently about 33F and snowing lightly.
    Was kind of sucky out feeding the cows this morning in the driving sleet, but as I said previously I'm not going to complain about moisture coming out of the sky, regardless of whatever form it takes (rain, sleet, hail, snow...I don't care).  Bring it on!

• hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭
    guess you will get to find out how that new mule likes the snow...........
    @hillbille - Roger that! 
    Looks like we'll get to try it in the mud too!
  • Grunt2Grunt2 Member Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭
    40F and raining WoooHooo! Maybe snow by tonight or tomorrow...Sure hope it helps the fire fighters! Sure did help with all the Smoke from UT!!!
    S/W CO...
    Retired LEO
    Combat Vet VN
  • notnownotnow Member Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭
    One of my sons' is flying from Oahu to Denver tonight. Staying in south central CO. He's in for major whiplash.