In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Prvi Partizan Ammo

Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,356 ***** Forums Admin
I have some Prvi Partizan(PPU) 25-06 ammo I purchased a couple years ago. I have not shot any of it yet. It is supposed to be decent ammo, right? How is the brass for reloading? TIA for any input.

Comments

• Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    I reloaded some of their handgun brass. Don't remember what caliber, or how old the brass was? The primer pockets were off. Tighter then my U.S. brass. Didn't even bother, trying after that. Your 25-06 brass, might be in perfect spec, though? Won't know unless you try.
  • Options
    nononsensenononsense Member Posts: 10,928 ✭✭✭✭
    There was a previous period of time when the supply of some brass was really impeded by hoarding so I had to fall back on some PPU  to use for fireforming to get a wildcat to test. I purchased both brass and loaded ammunition for two different wildcats in the end.

While the brass will certainly not compete with Lapua, Peterson, Alpha or ADG, it worked great for the wildcats. Both fireformed well and I managed at least 4 reloads after the forming process. In fact I still have some for both chambers. Primer pockets were a tiny bit tight but after fireforming the pockets were fine.

PPU is not my first choice unless given no options but it is perfectly usable for general shooting and reloading.

Best.

• Options
    varianvarian Member Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭✭
    i use it and find it very satisfactory for what i do.  i do not hesitate to buy it.
  • Options
    chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,777 ✭✭✭✭
    I have been using their brass for around 10 years and consider it just as good as WW, RP, and FC brass made before 2018.
    Particularly neat about PPU is they make 8 Lebel, 6.5 and 7.28 Carcano, 6.5 and 7.7Jap, 8x56R 7x55 Swiss and many more. Have been using their brass to form 8mm Siamese, and 8x58R and several others. 
     Some of my cases have been reloaded over 10 times.    Have nothing but praise for their stuff.

Yes it is not premium like Norma, Lapua, QC, Nosler, but just about the only thing out there to keep milsurps going 

• Options
    TRAP55TRAP55 Member Posts: 8,270 ✭✭✭
    They were supplying brass for Winchester white box for a while, might still be?. The only problems I've seen with PPU brass was way back when it first hit our markets. They "had" annealing problems, but that was easy enough to resolve before reloading, and the first lots of 6.5 Swede had case rims that were out of spec. Other than that, I use more of it, than I do Remington brass.
  • Options
    grdad45grdad45 Member Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭✭
    I have a Ruger 308 with a 16 1/4" barrel that shoots PPU 150 gr SP ammo as good as the most expensive ammo I have tried. Killed a lot of whitetails with it.
  • Options
    tocamohatocamoha Member Posts: 271 ✭✭
    I tested Prvi Partizan against handloads in my 6.5x55 Twede.It was more accurate.