In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Help with ID of Old 22 semi auto rifle

dok2udok2u Member Posts: 100
edited September 2020 in Ask the Experts
A friend has given me a box full of parts that she would like me to put together so that she can give them to her great grandson.  Unfortunately, there are at least 2 problems.  First, I am electronically and digitally challenged, meaning that I can't take a picture of the parts and couldn't figure out how to post it, if I did.  So, I'm very sorry, but short of some miracle, I can't post photos of the parts.  Second, this friend's husband took the thing apart more than 30 years ago, and buffed the heck out of it as the first step towards rebluing it to give to his son; as a result there are no markings on it.  He died many years ago and now she wants to give it to her and his great grandson in memory of him.  It looks like an old Stevens or Savage semi-auto 22, but I can't remember the model number.  A model number would help me find a schematic and/or directions on how to put it back together and find out if I'm missing any parts.  I've looked on-line but most of what I get is the Model 87 stuff.  This is long before that!  If I remember correctly, it was a very early semi-auto 22's and looks a little like the Winchester 1903, without the tube under the barrel and, once again -- if I remember correctly -- its either a Stevens or Savage.  Any and all help in identifying this thing is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Comments