In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Wilson Combat Super Sniper 6.5 Creedmoor

Expert_ishExpert_ish Member Posts: 3
With the big scare going on before the election, I was thinking of selling my Wilson Combat Super Sniper in 6.5 Creedmoor. It's not one that I need if the election goes the wrong way, so I thought I'd take advantage of the market and cash in... I just got this rifle in 2019 and have put aprox 100 rounds through it. It's got a 24" barrel in burnt bronze along with the upper and lower, the hand guard is black. It cost me $3200 after shipping and tax. The question is - what kind of price tag should I put on this beauty?

Thank you for your input.

Comments

• rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,649 ✭✭✭
    IMHO, it's not the kind of rifle that folks are trying to acquire nowadays, for home defense/personal protection. Specially at that price. No offense meant, but it's a very specialized/expensive, long range sniper rifle. 

I imagine though, if things get really ugly next month. You will have no difficulty getting rid of it, at a substantial profit. When the pucker/panic factor sets in. Greenbacks don't mean poop. Folks are going to be willing to pay anything, to protect their families and themselves.
  • toad67toad67 Member Posts: 13,019 ✭✭✭✭
    If it were mine, I'd start it at $0 and let it go for a week or more. Used guns are just going crazy right now.....
  • nononsensenononsense Member Posts: 10,928 ✭✭✭✭
    With the big scare going on before the election, I was thinking of selling my Wilson Combat Super Sniper in 6.5 Creedmoor. It's not one that I need if the election goes the wrong way, so I thought I'd take advantage of the market and cash in... I just got this rifle in 2019 and have put aprox 100 rounds through it. It's got a 24" barrel in burnt bronze along with the upper and lower, the hand guard is black. It cost me $3200 after shipping and tax. The question is - what kind of price tag should I put on this beauty?

Thank you for your input.
    Wilson Combat is generally higher priced than the average AR builds from other stalwart companies. Under other circumstances than what we're seeing today, I might have a different viewpoint but given everything happening on the auction side, I suggest what is suggested already, start it at $0 and let 'er rip! No one cares what you paid for it, their concern is how much they can steal it from you for or how little it will take to outbid everyone else. With a good write up and excellent pictures for a description and the fact that the 6.5 Creedmoor is so much in demand, it should produce a super price. Draw them in and make them lust after the rifle and the 6.5 Creedmoor chamber.
    Yes, I know, the fear of not getting a price to match your desire is cause for palpitations. But again, the demand should carry you over the top. If you have any exceptional targets, photograph them and include in your description.

Best.
  • Expert_ishExpert_ish Member Posts: 3
    So no reserve? You're right, that scares the crap out of me... So a great description, great pictures, a really good target, and cross my fingers... Yikes! I will start working on it! Thank you all for the input!
  • toad67toad67 Member Posts: 13,019 ✭✭✭✭
    If you decide that you want $xxxx out of it, start it at that price, don't play the hidden reserve game. We are all adults here, and a starting price is a good thing. Wouldn't it suck going into a car dealership and having to make offers on a vehicle, and being rejected, until you made the offer that they were asking for??? Let your auction go for a week or more, and schedule it to start at a certain time, and let it end on a Sunday evening, so most buyers have some free time to think about the auction. Auctions that end during the week, generally don't do quit as well, IMO. A few disadvantages that you have going for you are that, first, you are a new seller, and some buyers are leary of that, and also, for the amount that your gun should sell for, there are a few buyers who don't have the cash, and want to use a credit card. Another option is to have Locust Fork consign your gun for you. She charges 10% of the sale, plus the gb fee's, which she gets a good rate on since she sell's a ton of stuff here. She has a great photo studio, and is well worth the time and $$$. 
  • tocamohatocamoha Member Posts: 271 ✭✭
    The point of having a penny starting bid is to get more bidders.Most will drop out but a few will follow and the more bidders watching as it nears closing time the better.
  • Expert_ishExpert_ish Member Posts: 3
    tocamoha said:
    The point of having a penny starting bid is to get more bidders.Most will drop out but a few will follow and the more bidders watching as it nears closing time the better.
    I'm starting to see this... Get more people competing with each other. Makes good sense.