In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

4 Star Member's Ball -

Comments

• Options
    pulsarncpulsarnc Member Posts: 6,248 ✭✭✭✭

4stars bad ....3 stars good. Time to crank up the “ peaceful “ protest against the unfeeling 4 star social climbers who refuse to acknowledge the 3 star members are people too

cry Havoc and let slip  the dogs of war..... 
  • Options
    Toolman286Toolman286 Member Posts: 2,982 ✭✭✭✭
    I say we deplorables have a tail gate party on the dock.
  • Options
    mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
  • Options
    KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Mark, if I'm not mistaken, that guy gets shot.^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

• Options
    mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    That's because he tried to make something of "Private Pyle," rather than packing him off to The Island Of Misfit Members.
    Of course the argument could be made that Parris Island is the home ground of military misfits- otherwise known as Marines! (no offence meant to those who serve or have served in the Corps) 
  • Options
    ChrisStreettChrisStreett Member Posts: 3,856 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the offer Joe. Let's do this instead: Let "them" have their fancy, high falutin' shindig with their finger sammiches, hors-d'oeuvres, etc.  The rest of us can hang outside, hire a band, bring our trucks (good idea Toolman), fire up a few grills, let the dogs run free (Buddy too Ken, he needs some freedom like everyone else.), maybe crack a jug or two, and really enjoy ourselves. What do ya think? (Remember, "...we ain't havin' fun 'til someone calls 911."
    "...dying ain't much of a living boy"-Josey Wales
  • Options

I’m with Chris . I will bring the cooker and do a whole hog eastern North Carolina bbq .

• Options
    select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2020

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Mark, if I'm not mistaken, that guy gets shot.^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I believe it was with a M14
  • Options
    Smitty500magSmitty500mag Member Posts: 13,603 ✭✭✭✭
    It's supposed to rain that weekend so you deplorables will be out in the rain while we'll be inside all cozy eatin' our horse divers. 
  • Options
    Ah, that's ok Smitty, sugar melts and crap floats so, other than washing away, we're good. We've become comfortable with the Forum caste system.
  • Options

Before this goes South, I started this post in Jest for a few laughs.

There is no slight intended to any Member here. Neither intentional or unintentional.

I consider almost every one of you Friends that I enjoy spending time and talking with.

Please take this Thread in that spirit.

• Options

There is no slight intended to any Member here. Neither intentional or unintentional.

I consider almost every one of you Friends that I enjoy spending time and talking with.

I wouldn't think anyone would take it serious. Having a get together with GB members has been discussed many of time with no result other than the appliance shoots yrs ago.

• Options
    BobJudyBobJudy Member Posts: 6,473 ✭✭✭✭

Since no one seems to understand how stars are awarded or even what they signify, taking any of this post or the stars seriously would be hard to comprehend. I know I got a few chuckles out of it so I think ya dun good starting it.👍 Bob
  • Options
    Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,476 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2020
    Last year's 4-Star ball was a bust.

Whoever picked 'Thunder from Down Under' as the entertainment should be taken out and shot.

The celery flavored tofu pate' was wonderful however, and the kale infused rainwater was a lively little after dinner pick-me-up.
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • Options

(Okay, back on track.)

I am thinking that the Marina Security around the Yachts, would frown upon a bunch of Rednecks having a Keg Party, Tailgating, Mud Roll, Yee-Haw on or around their decidedly Upper Crust Clientele. (Us) and the Owners of the very high end Yachts/Yacht We would be holding our 4 Star Members only party on.

You would/could probably not all make it with your "Pickups" to Monaco anyway. Okay, the location is out. (Sorry.)

• Options
    Always remember Ken, "...there ain't no life like the low life!!"
  • Options

Ken , never underestimate the ingenious things that a red neck can create with a roll of duck tape . Add a four wheel drive truck , a little baling wire and some plastic 55 gallon drums and stand back . Redneck yatchet heaven

• Options

(Okay, back on track.)

I am thinking that the Marina Security around the Yachts, would frown upon a bunch of Rednecks having a Keg Party, Tailgating, Mud Roll, Yee-Haw on or around their decidedly Upper Crust Clientele. (Us) and the Owners of the very high end Yachts/Yacht We would be holding our 4 Star Members only party on.

You would/could probably not all make it with your "Pickups" to Monaco anyway. Okay, the location is out. (Sorry.)

But, but, but I already bought my tickets to Bali and your changing it to Monaco? 

Oh I get it! Misdirection to keep the riff-raff away. Yeah, yeah, that's it -see you in Monaco (wink, wink). Bob
  • Options

I apologize Chris and pulsarnc, your Redneckishness being beneath me, I am at a loss as to the "ingeniousness," your kind can exhibit.

I leave you to your "Low Life" PBR, Weenie Roast/Pig Wallow, Er,..............Uhmn I mean Pig Roast.

• Options
    Look, I already sprained my pinkie finger training for this shin dig, so y'all better get serious now!
    <back to doing my pinkie finger extensions while looking down my nose at others while drinking, er, sipping my tea>
    Methinks other members may be exercising a different finger.😀 Bob
  • Options

It is not difficult to look down on people that are beneath you, FCD.

Please get with the program.

• Options

LOL, you are too much Ken. Not sure I can keep up with you on this, but I'll try.

FCD, I realize the sprained pinkie finger can be annoying. Were I among the anointed 4 star elite, which I'm not, I'd be more concerned about long term damage to my neck from walking around, head up and back in order to properly look down my nose. Then there's the whole potential hip damage issue from swishing around the room while hob knobbing.

• Options

Sashaying, not "Sachaying."

Oh

My

God FCD, please use "Spell Check." We do not want to give "those People," any ammunition to supplement their meager arsenal to use against us. I am shocked. Shocked I tell you. How did you make it in here? Oh, I see you have 34K posts. You were probably Grandfathered in. (Sigh)

• Options
    I stand corrected FCD! LOL
  • Options
    fugawefugawe Member Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭
    Now it's Monaco? Guess I'll have to leave the truck at home and take a train.
    I was going to ask if I could show up with a one-star and get in but the party outside sounds like a whole lot more fun.
  • Options
    RobOzRobOz Member Posts: 9,523 ✭✭✭

Three Stars Matter!

• Options
    susiesusie Member Posts: 7,304 ✭✭✭✭

And once again I am left out. No invite to join the Smoking Jacket Club and now my stars are lacking enough shine. I could take my marbles and go home in a huff, yet I have no marbles (lost them years ago) and I'm already home.

• Options
    Rumor has it they are all going to on Dancing with the Stars with Dano hosting in his pink tutu
  • Options
    austin20austin20 Member Posts: 34,929 ✭✭✭✭
  • Options

No, no, no..................................................It's 4 Stars Matter.

What's the matter (see what I did there?) with you people?

Susie, Goat Herders need not apply. (Unless) You are offering up said Goats for BBQ. Then the Goats may attend. (You will have to wait outside, with your Farm Bretheren.) If you are willing to oversee the cooking of said Goats, you may be allowed in the Kitchen/Galley area. (Briefly.)

• Options

Here we go Reservations now being accepted

• Options
    Smitty500magSmitty500mag Member Posts: 13,603 ✭✭✭✭
    Always remember Ken, "...there ain't no life like the low life!!"
    This video was filmed some where around Mountain City, TN. Do we know anyone up that way? I think he used to be a 3 star. 
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWcMrWk_0Uw
  • Options
    mohawk600mohawk600 Member Posts: 5,376 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2020
    I want to come.......but I only have 3.......
  • Options
    Rumor has it they are all going to on Dancing with the Stars with Dano hosting in his pink tutu

Now wait a minute I can't dance... this quote was prior to getting the 4th ninja star
  • Options
    edited September 2020

All right, who screwed up and gave select-fire the 4th Star?

Seriously?

(And to think,) It only took you 62,600 some odd posts select. 🤔

• Options
    cbxjeffcbxjeff Member Posts: 17,427 ✭✭✭✭
    All this talk about stars got me thinking.  Is there a way to see how you earned your stars?  I know if I look at my likes or LOLs, I can look how they were earned.  Things were so much simpler when we only had number of posts linked to members.  :)
    It's too late for me, save yourself.
  • Options
    jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,649 ******
    edited September 2020
    Hey, I know! We can sashay over to the Sechelles! Maybe find some cool seashells.
  • Options
    edited September 2020

All right, who screwed up and gave select-fire the 4th Star?

Seriously?

(And to think,) It only took you 62,600 some odd posts select. 🤔

Whoopee
This discussion has been closed.