In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

A day

William81William81 Member Posts: 24,596 ✭✭✭✭
edited April 2021 in General Discussion
My buddy called yesterday and said come on over for some breakfast and then we will hit the range......How do you say no to that !!!!  So I packed up some items and hit the road....Eggs, Hash Browns, biscuits and sausage gravy poured over all of it.......

Comments

• Options
    firstharmonicfirstharmonic Member Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭
    Time does not heal all wounds but sometimes it makes a difference. Glad you enjoyed yourself on several different levels.
  • Options
    grdad45grdad45 Member Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭✭
    My neighbor, who I helped build a rifle/pistol/shotgun range, unexpectedly passed away July 10. Since his death, I haven't gone there to shoot. His wife let me know that on his birthday on Sept. 26, she wanted his friends to go to the range and burn some powder in his memory. Six of us showed up and burned through probably 500 rounds of various calibers, including everything from 22 L.R. to 45-70 and 28, 20 and 12 Ga shotguns, and I popped a 1/2lb of Tannerite. Our muzzle loading season opens next weekend, so tomorrow I'm going to go alone and check my rifle out. Will be thinking about James the whole time. If I manage to bag a deer, his wife will get several packages of steak (probably backstrap).
  • Options
    Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,489 ✭✭✭✭

The .357 Big Boy is accurate even in my hands. First time I fired it, an apple exploded at 30 yards. Moved to 50 with the same result.

I confess to it taking me three shots at 75 yards, but that was me, not the rifle.

sounds like a great time you had

Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele