GLOCK PISTOLS

us55840us55840 Member Posts: 31,289 ✭✭✭✭
Glock has already been selected by many law enforcement agencies as their duty pistols and not the US Coast Guard has selected the GLOCK for their duty pistol too.

https://www.tactical-life.com/news/us-coast-guard-glock-19-gen5-mos/
"This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or exercise their revolutionary right to overthrow it." Abraham Lincoln

Comments

• bustedkneebustedknee Member Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭
    Glock is hard to beat.  I carry them for defense, shot them in competition and hunted with them.
    I'm still lusting after the G44.  I'm waiting for the threaded barrel from Glock. 
    I can't believe they misspelled "Pork and Beans!"
  • drobsdrobs Member Posts: 21,858 ✭✭✭
    The US Army Special Forces also selected the Glock for their service pistol.

• nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,314 ✭✭✭
    Police departments buy them because they are cheap.  They can often trade in their old handguns at little or no cost.
    I've seen 2 LEO's shoot themselves in the foot holstering a Glock.  Never seen that with any other maker.
    Neal
  • Ricci.WrightRicci.Wright Member Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭✭
    Yea they scare me. 
  • Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭

They are scary.

I have seen 2 guys shoot themselves in the leg both were with 1911's.

RLTW

• NeoBlackdogNeoBlackdog Member Posts: 12,434 ✭✭✭✭
    In fifteen years of competitive shooting the two ND's I'v seen were both with 1911's and both were while re-holstering.  
    Glocks probably outnumber 1911's three to one at our range.  

I have heard they often blow up while in officer’ holsters. 
    And catch their pants legs on fire!!!!
  • jimdeerejimdeere Member Posts: 20,069 ✭✭✭✭
    Didn’t the Coasties have Sig 229’s before?
    They could probably get by with S&W M66's
    RLTW

• jimdeerejimdeere Member Posts: 20,069 ✭✭✭✭
    Glock is a good choice because plastic won’t rust when exposed to salt water.
    Glock is a good choice because it is the most dependable handgun this world has ever seen. Everybody knows this to be true. Since 1987 over 2,000,000 police officers have been saved by Glock pistols. Over 9,000,000 civilians have been saved by Glock pistols. Gang Bangers have fired over 7,000,000 rounds through Glock pistols and actually hit their intended target  13 times. And even though the banger's guns were nasty and held sideways there were no recorded malfunctions. The only improvement that could be made to the already flawless pistol would be  highly figured Goncalo Alves grip decals. 
  • KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭✭

My Glock functions. My 1911, not so much. Guess which one gets carried?

Extreme NE TN/W NC ya'll. 😁

Your long range precision Rough Rider???????
  • KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭✭

You Sir, are a Troublemaker. 🤔

I am actually thrilled with my RR. It shoots where it is aimed. (Even out to 75-100 yards.) 😉

Extreme NE TN/W NC ya'll. 😁

• Aztngundoc22Aztngundoc22 Member Posts: 2,070 ✭✭
    OK : 
    I carried a glock on duty for many years ( is my go-to ) for big carry !
    Rest of the time its a 'pocket pistol' !
    I am a cert. glock armorer : have been for years : Great weapon !!!!
    Thanks !!! 
    The more people I meet : The more I like my Dog :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

I Grew Old Too Fast (And Smart Too damn Slow !!!) !!! :o :?
  • 4205raymond4205raymond Member Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭
    I know I heard someone in the background say "Revolvers always go Bang"-----------Ray
    I love me some revolver now. I can only imagine how wonderful a Glock revolver would be.
    Ricci I just threw up in my mouth thinking of a Glock revolver.  They make a great pistol but a Revolver is a thing of beauty.
    RLTW

• WarbirdsWarbirds Member Posts: 15,437 ✭✭✭

I like Glock. I carry a Glock and complete with a Glock.

Its OK if other people prefer something else.

In hundreds of matches, my gun has never once put me out of the game. Glock has never cost me a stage, or put me out of the game. Not once & I value that & expect the same reliability in my concealed carry gun.

• ruger41ruger41 Member Posts: 14,410 ✭✭✭

Love my Gen 3 Glock 32. I really like the .357SIG cartridge too.

• bambihunterbambihunter Member Posts: 10,431 ✭✭✭
    I consider Glock to be the best firearm "Tool". It is not pretty, not the most accurate, not the greatest trigger. But their weight to capacity ratio is great. And, what drew me into them in the first place was they had the 10mm auto. 15+1 of 10mm on tap is a good amount of firepower. I never felt undergunned when stalking Oklahoma's large feral pigs. They have stopped countless charging boars. Plus, carrying them through the brush, I never worried about them. They were a tool, and were the tool I needed at that time for that purpose.
    Fanatic collector of the 10mm auto.
  • FrogdogFrogdog Member Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭

Outstanding! GM’s all around the service must be wondering what they’ll do with all the extra time now. 😁

• 4205raymond4205raymond Member Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭
    Maybe there is a way we could make a Glock Revolver beautiful. Get a patent and split the profit 50/50 with Glock. We could make millions! Whose idea was this anyway? ---------------Ray
  • Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member Posts: 59,459 ✭✭✭✭
    Hard to beat a Glock.
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
    Love my Gen 3 Glock 32. I really like the .357SIG cartridge too.

I carry the same gun @Ruger41.

RLTW

• medic07medic07 Member Posts: 5,219 ✭✭✭
    So I look at pistols like I look at watches.
    I could spend a ton of money on a TAG or Rolex watch and be constantly worried about scratching it up or banging it on something.  Or I could wear a Timex...still tells the time and not worried about having to pamper it.
    So do I carry a TAG equivalent pistol (say Les Baer 1911) or a Timex pistol (Glock)?  Timex/Glock it is.  In all these years of carrying them I have never had an ND and have not witnessed one with the guys that carry them as well (knock on wood).  A well fitted holster that has some rigidity to it will prevent material from catching the bang switch when reholstering and always keep the booger hook off the bang switch until you are ready to fire.
  • us55840us55840 Member Posts: 31,289 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 17
    I like my Glock 33 in .357 Sign - great cartridge.  And have a 9mm barrel/mags and a .40 S&W barrel/mags so can fire three calibers in one platform. 
    Also have a 1st Gen Glock 17 with laser -- nice piece.
    When you life depends on the tool .... pretty don't mean squat.  ;)
    "This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or exercise their revolutionary right to overthrow it." Abraham Lincoln
  • Sig220_Ruger77Sig220_Ruger77 Member Posts: 12,717 ✭✭✭
    I love my 21SF. It will forever be my baby. 
    Jon
  • armilitearmilite Member Posts: 35,186 ✭✭✭
    If no other guns existed on the planet and Glocks were the only guns left no matter how good they were I'd learn how to shoot a bow. 
  • Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Member Posts: 35,546 ✭✭✭
    armilite said:
    If no other guns existed on the planet and Glocks were the only guns left no matter how good they were I'd learn how to shoot a bow. 
     ;) 
  • us55840us55840 Member Posts: 31,289 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 18
    armilite said:
    Some don't like the 'plastic guns' ..... so how do you fell about the AR's?
     :o 
    Would rather have a spear??
  • waltermoewaltermoe Member Posts: 332 ✭✭✭

The Colt 1911 45ACP is a real gun, real men carry real guns, the rest are for woman and children !

I know I heard someone in the background say "Revolvers always go Bang"-----------Ray

One would think so. But, out of my entire collection, I have two revolvers. One has a broken main spring so it doesn't fire at all. The other one is out of time and shaves lead/copper when fired, especially in DA mode. Needless to say this one doesn't get shot. Of all my semi-auto's, none have needed anything more than rounds down range on my match guns to loosen them up some.
  • GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 14,289 ✭✭✭

I seen a Glock "retro" Gen 1 at my gunshop last week. Old tupperware box and all. Guess they figure a market for the old style, new firearm.

waltermoe said:

The Colt 1911 45ACP is a real gun, real men carry real guns, the rest are for woman and children !

That is a slippery slope. I am a big fan of the 10mm auto. Other than .45 ACP having the advantage suppressed, the 10mm has better ballistics in every way. So, I might look down at the .45 acp. Then, someone shooting .44 mag might look down on a 10mm even though it falls between a .357 mag and .41 mag. Then, you start getting into the big mags going all the way up to .500 S&W. People look down on those cartridges below what they deem good. But, in the end, it's better than a stick. Also, a couple of hits with a .22lr is better than missing every shot of a bigger gun. Plus, it reminds me of the adage "a bird in the bag is worth two in the bush". If you have a powerful weapon that is at home because it is heavy and bulky to carry, then the gun that you DO take is better.
    I carry a Kel-Tec P3AT (.380 acp) in my pocket anytime I leave the house. Even just to mow the yard. But, when feasible, I also carry a Glock 29.

• NeoBlackdogNeoBlackdog Member Posts: 12,434 ✭✭✭✭
    waltermoe said:

That is a slippery slope. I am a big fan of the 10mm auto. Other than .45 ACP having the advantage suppressed, the 10mm has better ballistics in every way. So, I might look down at the .45 acp. Then, someone shooting .44 mag might look down on a 10mm even though it falls between a .357 mag and .41 mag. Then, you start getting into the big mags going all the way up to .500 S&W. People look down on those cartridges below what they deem good. But, in the end, it's better than a stick. Also, a couple of hits with a .22lr is better than missing every shot of a bigger gun. Plus, it reminds me of the adage "a bird in the bag is worth two in the bush". If you have a powerful weapon that is at home because it is heavy and bulky to carry, then the gun that you DO take is better.
    I carry a Kel-Tec P3AT (.380 acp) in my pocket anytime I leave the house. Even just to mow the yard. But, when feasible, I also carry a Glock 29.

So given that all you just said is true...

Are you a woman or a child?
     :D  ;)