In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Remington 870 410 Skeet marked Simmons Gun Specialties Kansas City MO

jeffb1911jeffb1911 Member Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭
I need to quit going into local gun shops with any spare money....... today went into one, and they had what appeared at first glance to be a Remington 870 Wingmaster 12ga without an extractor.....but with a barrel way too thin to be 12..... i looked at it, and it is a standard frame 870, but in 410!  The extractor is there, but since the 410 is so much smaller than 12ga, it is set very deep into the bolt.  I looked it over, and the barrel is marked Simmons 410GA and SKEET at the rear end.  The Serial number is in the 1197--- range, ending in an x.  Even the Remington marked recoil pad is in great shape!  The left side of the rib is marked SIMMONS GUN SPECIALITIES INC KANSAS CITY MO.  I checked, and have a LT frame 870 express in 410, and the barrels will not interchange due to this one being the standard 12ga size frame.  The mag tube appears to be sleeved and offset to the left side of the inside of the tube.  Everything else looks to be the same-high polish stocks and blue, chrome bolt and lifter, the old metal trigger group, etc.  There is no marking as to what the chamber length will be though.  Any ideas how to make sure it is safe to shoot 3" 410 shells in?  Or were there many made in 2 1/2"?  

Comments