In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Identity Help Please

TC_1420TC_1420 Member Posts: 3

Hello All,

First time posting here!

Need help identifying what I have please.

Hi-Standard Double Nine 9" Barrel (I believe)

W-104 S/N 2227416

Browning Buck Mark (Optional 10" Barrel )

Stamped - 655 PN 05200

I am finding very little info on these and I really want to learn about them.

I have searched the web but maybe I am not searching correctly.

I can send pictures in PM to help indentify if necessary.

Thank you in advance for any and all help! Greatly appreciated. Regards

Comments

• Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭

The Browning dates to 1989. With the 9 7/8" barrel, it likely that its the "Silhouette" model. Since the BuckMark barrels are interchangeable between frames. Always a possibility, it's not original?

The "Silhouette" models, haven't been made in 20 years. If original in VG condition or better. Might be desirable to a BuckMark collector?

The Double Nine is probably 1970's vintage, with a steel frame? More sought after and valuable, than the earlier aluminum frame models. The long barrel would also make it more desirable. As long as it was factory original and in VG condition or better.

• Options
    John J StimsonJohn J Stimson Member Posts: 111 ✭✭✭

2,227,416 shipped with key serial number 2,039,050 on 4/26/1971. This High Standard revolver is a Longhorn model catalog number 9399 and should have a 9.50" barrel. Surrounding serial numbers suggest this may have been made in November 1970 and was perhaps stuck in finished goods inventory for a few months but it might have been stuck in assembly.

All W-105 and lower design series were aluminum frame models. The W-106 first shipped in May 1971 with regular shipments beginning at serial number 2,242,572 with a few lower serial numbers shipping as outliers a a little earlier. Surrounding serial number suggest this may have been made in November 1970 and was stuck in finished goods inventory for a few months but it might have been stuck in assembly.

• Options

Thank you both for sharing your knowledge and insight! I greatly appreciate!!

What do either of you think about the conditions at first glance??

Thanks in advance!!

• Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭

The BuckMark Silhouette appears to be original and in excellent condition, (as long as the other side comparable). The H-S also appears to be in excellent condition.

If you don't intend to keep them? In today's climate, with all the poop hitting the fan. You shouldn't have any problem selling them.

If you sign up for membership on our auction. You can access the prices realized, for the guns that have been sold recently. The will help you ascertain, the actual fair market value of the H-S and Browning.

• Options

I really appreciate all of the information.

I have yet to decide what to do with them at this point. Part of me would like to move them for something more my taste, but the other part of me wouldn't mind keeping them!

I really do appreciate you taking the time out of you day to relay necessary and well received information!! 👍👍