It sorrows me to announce....

jim_lemayjim_lemay Member Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭

... the death of my pet turkey, Tommy. Funeral services (at which twenty people are allowed) will be held at Grandma's house on Thursday, November 27, 2020. Services are scheduled to begin at 3:00 PM, and may contuinue well into the night.

I would also like to take this opportunity to announce a medical bulletin: My pet reindeer Rudolph is not looking too good, and is not expected to last through December. Stay tuned for further developments.

Comments

• BobJudyBobJudy Member Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭✭

Will you be saying grace, err I mean conducting the serving, I mean service? I assume partial cremation will be taking place before the serving , dang it, I mean service. Bob

• BrookwoodBrookwood Member Posts: 7,858 ✭✭✭

Will you be having your poor departed friend stuffed? Mummified in a smoker? I hear a bit of salt brine would help preserve ole Tom in case your guests are a bit late to your gravy side service!

Regardless Jim, you have my most sincere cranberry tear condolences.

I just have to ask. Did Tom get a chance to cast his vote in the recent election before he passed?

• us55840us55840 Member Posts: 31,589 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 22

Will you be serving venison for Christmas?

"This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or exercise their revolutionary right to overthrow it." Abraham Lincoln
  • jimdeerejimdeere Member Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭

The Corona strikes again!