In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Sig Sauer P6 Not 225 ( grips )

diver1diver1 Member Posts: 502 ✭✭

I recently got a Sig Sauer P6 with Pachmayr Grips. I have read that the P6 and 225 were virtually the same. That there was variance with the 225-A1 model. I ordered grips on line purporting to fit the original P6 & 225 which on first glance they don't seem to work. If I carry them to a gunsmith Could he possibly modify these grips? I like the feel of the gun but the pachmayr grips seem to feel fat and I can't get good contact with trigger. I think original plastic grips would give me more purchase when I grip the pistol. I would appreciate any help with this mater. Thanks Vince

Comments

• Options
    nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,880 ✭✭✭✭

I would first try to find a local gun shop that is a stocking SIG dealer. You are not the first person to have problems with SIG models that have grip frames that are too thick. They may have the grips that will fit you, or be able to get them. But, they won't be cheap.

Failing that, call around local "full service gunsmiths" & ask if they will try to modify your grips. If you are lucky, you may find one who has already had a customer with the same problem & has figured out what to do.

Otherwise, sell the gun; if you can't get good contact with the trigger, no point in keeping it.

Neal

• Options
    Ricci.WrightRicci.Wright Member Posts: 5,129 ✭✭✭✭

Maybe call Sig Sauer?? 603-610-3000

This company sells some nice wood grips GRIPS4u.net 847-829-0032