In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

whats the differences?

CaneyRiverDogCaneyRiverDog Member Posts: 145 ✭✭

between an ak47 and a mak90?

Comments

• Options
    Ricci.WrightRicci.Wright Member Posts: 5,129 ✭✭✭✭

Here you go from the internet. These are probably my favorite AK's.

"The letters/numbers MAK-90 stand for Modified AK-1990. The MAK-90 is a Chinese factory built AK model exported to the USA from China from 1990 through 1994 by two Chinese export companies: Norinco and PolyTech. Following the import ban in 1989, the Chinese developed an AK which met the "sporting purposes" clause. (The earlier AKs were banned because of their "evil" features: pistol grips, folding stocks, threaded muzzles and bayonets.) The new model was basically an AK with a wood thumb-hole stock and no bayonet lug (although you do sometimes see MAK-90 receivers with under-folder holes drilled and filled). Around a million MAK-90s were exported to the USA in the early 90s. According to "JA," of AK47.net, more MAK-90 rifles were imported from China than any other model of semi automatic AK type rifle from any other country. MAK-90s were made to shoot 7.62x39 or .223 caliber ammunition. A very few were made to shoot 5.45 x 39 ammo. The retail price for a new MAK-90s was often less than $200. They often were sold with three 5-round magazines, an oil bottle, a cleaning kit and a sling.

• Options
    bustedkneebustedknee Member Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2020

Simple math

mak90 - ak47 = m43

I didn't have a clue....until now. Good question.

I can't believe they misspelled "Pork and Beans!"