In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

310 Cadet Ammunition

PaulPaul Member Posts: 4

Greetings Everyone!

I am looking for some 310 Cadet Ammunition Anyone know where I can purchase some? Any information is greatly appreciated! Thank You!

Comments

• Hawk CarseHawk Carse Member Posts: 4,365 ✭✭✭

Buffalo Arms catalogs it but does not have any in stock. You could get on their wait list.

https://www.buffaloarms.com/310-cadet-smokeless-ammo-120-grain-heeled-bullet-box-of-20-amo310cadet

• rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,649 ✭✭✭

Had one of the Australian, 310 martini cadet rifles years ago. Ammo is a problem because of the off the wall bore dimensions. As I recall it was something on the order of .319. The one I had was rechambered to 32-20. Which was a total waste, as the bullets were .010 undersized. Almost all keyholed.

If you are even able to find ammo from a custom loader like Buffalo, likely to be very expensive. No commercial ammo is even close, bore diameter wise except 32 Winchester Special. Which would be a shoulder killer, in a light short barreled rifle like a Martini Cadet.

• nononsensenononsense Member Posts: 10,928 ✭✭✭✭

Essentially you're a day late and a dollar short trying to find any ammunition let alone obsolete ammunition. There are two/three solutions:

• Get on Buffalo Arms wait list then wait for them to produce it.
    • Try to find some Bertram brass cases (Australian) and reload your own.
    • You can buy .32-20 brass then shorten it to 310 Cadet length. Expand, load and go shoot. The whiners will cry about the amount of work involved but it all depends on how much you want to get it shooting.

I suggest contacting Graf & Sons to see when they will have Bertram brass in stock. Failing this, contact Bertram directly to see what they can do. Remember they are in Australia...

Best.

• PaulPaul Member Posts: 4

Thank you everyone for your response!

• chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,718 ✭✭✭✭

This is the way to go. Once you make your cases, they will last a long time. I am still using the same cases I made years ago.

Like Rufe said, bore diameter is not standard. Nominal bore diameter is .318 on my rifle. Grooves .321.5 and lands .315.

Had a custom mold made by accuratemolds.com. Used original CH4D dies.

Worth the trouble IMHO, because these are real tack drivers with correct ammo. Have yet to see a 32-20 convert shoot better than one with bullets of the correct diameter.