In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Fitting A Squires Bingham Model 20 Firing Pin.

buttplatebuttplate Member Posts: 237 ✭✭

Hello!

I'm looking for some guidance/info on how to fit the above mentioned firing pin. When I install the firing pin, it is too short to contact a cartridge casing. Also, the bolt won't go all the way seated with the firing pin installed. If I remove the firing pin, then the bolt will go all the way forward. Do you think this is a fitting problem, or do you think that I have the wrong firing pin? Does anyone have the exact overall length of this original firing pin?

Thanks for any info you can provide, and stay safe!

buttplate 

Comments

• nononsensenononsense Member Posts: 10,928 ✭✭✭✭

Here is an E-book you can download with illustrations and guidance:

Best.

• rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,649 ✭✭✭

Couple of years back, I was working on a Tanfoglio 22 conversion unit, with the same problem. Only in reverse, it was to short. Your either going to have to get another firing pin, to see if it will fit? Or more likely they are all made oversize. And you or a gunsmith, is going to have to fit the oversized firing pin. This is done by trial and error. Just removing a small amount of material at a time. Till it works.

• buttplatebuttplate Member Posts: 237 ✭✭

Thank you for your information, and a special thanks to nononsense for the downloadable Ebook. It is loaded with good information.

Stay Safe and have a better New Year!

buttplate

• pip5255pip5255 Member Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2020

I've worked on a couple over the years and it sounds like you might have wrong pin or wrong installation

the diagram may help

Armscor Squires Bingham 20 Parts | Numrich (gunpartscorp.com)

just because you could doesn't mean you should
  • pip5255pip5255 Member Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭

if I remember correctly I believe there was a trick to reassembly that had to do with sear

I actually have one all apart at this time that I am restoring so when I get a chance I will put the reciever back together to bring it back to my mind

just because you could doesn't mean you should

I believe that I have the wrong firing pin. There is no way that this firing pin can move forward because it contacts solid metal before it can move far enough. The bolt was already in the rifle when I received it, so I think that part is okay. I have posted some pictures to show the firing pin in the bolt.

Thank you!

buttplate

• Aztngundoc22Aztngundoc22 Member Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭

OK :

In One Word ::::: GUNSMITH !!!!!

Thanks !!!

The more people I meet : The more I like my Dog :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

I Grew Old Too Fast (And Smart Too damn Slow !!!) !!! :o :?

Aztngundoc22 ,

I have been working on these older revolvers, rifles, and shotguns for most of my 76 years on this good earth. I have never taken my problems to a gunsmith, and guess what; I still have all of my fingers, both eyes, and have never hurt myself or anyone else by repairing and restoring my firearms myself. I appreciate the information and help from this and other gun-related websites, and I use the information I can gather to help me to stay independent.

Thank you all very much for your knowledge and willing to help!

Stay Safe!

buttplate

BMCM USN Retired