In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Cimarron

Butchdog2Butchdog2 Member Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭✭

Any of you good folks that use Cimmaron firearms care share your opinions of their products.?

Good or bad reviews welcome.

Any particular models you use and like?

Features that are more desirable or less desirable?

Thanks for your input in advance.

Comments

• Options
    navc130navc130 Member Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭

Cimarron brand is made by Uberti (or used to be) and the outside fit and finish is very nice. Sometimes Uberti internal parts can be a little rough (but usually better than most). Whether Cimarron's get special attention to the internal working parts I do not know.

• Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭

Years back some Italian made handguns, had problems with the hardness of their internal parts. This is from my own personal experience. I know that Tanfoglio got their act together, as far as their CZ 75 clones were concerned. Don't know about Uberti?

If your thinking about a revolver shooting a steady diet of magnum cartridges. i would be leary, unless you could get a ironclad money back guarantee. As far as it's durability was concerned.

• Options
    Butchdog2Butchdog2 Member Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the comments so far.

Won't be for magnum loads, cowboy loads 99% of the time.

• Options
    truthfultruthful Member Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭✭

Italian gun manufactures don't have a great reputation for quality control..... a trait they share with many other Italian industries.

• Options
    ruger41ruger41 Member Posts: 14,647 ✭✭✭

Friend of mine has 3 different Cimarron rifles....1860 Henry, 1866 Yellowboy and a 1873 Deluxe. All are awesome shooters that I’ve fired before. Never a problem with them. Cimarron uses both Uberti and Pietta for various handguns. As Beretta has owned Uberti for a while now I’d have no problem owning one from them.

• Options
    dfletcherdfletcher Member Posts: 8,162 ✭✭✭

I have about half dozen of their SAA style revolvers. They're all well made, nice finish. As mentioned the internals can sometimes use a bit better finish, but I'd say that about my Rugers (much more) and even a USFA and a 2nd Gen Colt SAA I recently bought.

Cimarron offers two types of actions. The conventional "4 click" such as found on Colt and a safety added "3 click" that uses an internal "transfer bar" that cannot be seen. The way to visually differentiate between the two is the positioning of the trigger when the hammer is at rest. The "3 click" sits much further forward.

Setting aside liking to hear 4 clicks or carrying 5 vs 6 rounds, the difference for me is the 3 click action having alot of overtravel and longer trigger pull, made necessary by requiring the trigger to not only drop the hammer but actuate the internal transfer bar. The 3 click action has become the more popular offering. Fortunately all one needs to undo it is a new hammer and easy modification (doesn't affect the sear) of the trigger. I think replacement of the firing pin would accomplish the same, haven't tried that but there are YouTube "how to" videos on it.

As an aside, Cimarron offers real case hardening for about $100.00 more and it looks much better than their chemical type.