In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

TI-RANT .45 on a S&W M+P .22 Compact?

Tommel73Tommel73 Member Posts: 9

I have recently installed a 1/2x28 piston on to my TI-RANT .45 which is working very nicely on my Shield 9mm, and Glock 19. I was wondering if this is good and safe to keep the ball rolling and fit this on to a S&W M+P .22 compact?

My concern is not so much with efficacy, as safety, as a baffle strike would end the party very quickly.

Comments

• Options
    mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******

I have a Ti-Rant 9mm (a great suppressor) Safety is not an issue, nor is a baffle strike. Efficiency is okay, but the size and weight of a .45 can on a .22 pistol is over the top. If you think it is a PITA to clean the baffles shooting centerfire ammo, you'll be driven to distraction after running a box of 22 rimfire through it. .22 ammo is filthy stuff.

• Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭

The external diameter of 22 LR ammo is .223. 9 mm Luger is .356. If the your going to use the same baffles. Your not going to have any problem. Except the suppressor isn't going to be very efficient, in reducing noise. Because of gas blowby.

• Options
    Tommel73Tommel73 Member Posts: 9

Thanks folks. This little project is a side- goof, as I already have the pistol, and the can, and I found a guy selling the threaded nut for only $20, so if it's safe why not have a little silly fun? I'll probably get bored after 2 mags. I appreciate the info.