In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Is there a market for this? (continuation of Fixed-Price Watchers)

In response to AdamsQuailHunter 's question from the previous thread (and thanks to everyone who responded, it was helpful) (https://forums.gunbroker.com/discussion/1897607/why-do-i-have-watchers-for-a-fixed-price-item):

I wasn't able to edit my post after the thread closed. Here are the items I'm selling: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?IncludeSellers=4214726

It could also be possible I have a bunch of watchers and no buyers because people don't want to buy this...I honestly have no idea, I don't have a lot of contact with the broader firearms community and I don't know of anyone selling stuff like this before, so I don't have any real intuition on whether people would want them. What do you guys think?

Comments

• Options
    Toolman286Toolman286 Member Posts: 2,989 ✭✭✭✭

Interesting product.

• Options
    mac10mac10 Member Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭✭

some idiot will try to make it go bang

• Options
    nononsensenononsense Member Posts: 10,928 ✭✭✭✭

"It could also be possible I have a bunch of watchers and no buyers because people don't want to buy this..."

This could be true except that the reason may be that the people watching don't understand the use for your printing ideas and are waiting for more and better information.

"I don't have a lot of contact with the broader firearms community and I don't know of anyone selling stuff like this before, so I don't have any real intuition on whether people would want them."

This realization is probably a little late considering you have done the design and are offering these for sale. Personally, I would pull this offer until you do some serious looking and real research regarding the need and wants for your design in the firearms community.

There are literally thousands of small products which are being reproduced by 3D printing these days. There is even an advanced sports car being finished by 3D printing. The trick is to be able to identify your market and what that market needs or where the desire is.

I suggest that you also get in touch with a lawyer to determine what wording you need in order to prevent lawsuits over misunderstandings about the use of your models. There are some pretty silly people out there who will try to misuse something like this.

Best of Luck!

• Options
    mac10mac10 Member Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    Butchdog2Butchdog2 Member Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    roswellnativeroswellnative Member Posts: 10,132 ✭✭✭✭

Are you manufacturing gun receivers and selling them? Do you look good in orange?

Although always described as a cowboy, Roswellnative generally acts as a righter of wrongs or bodyguard of some sort, where he excels thanks to his resourcefulness and incredible gun prowesses.
  • Options
    kannoneerkannoneer Member Posts: 3,360 ✭✭✭✭

I think these would fall into the toy or fake gun category. Toy guns can look very similar to real guns.