In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Nononsense and other F Class, long range type shooters

bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭

I am shopping for a scope in the $750.00 range for the 6 ARC on the AR platform. Most of my shooting will be at 300-600 yards. ARKEN has been mentioned on Youtube as a winner but there seems to be a lot of hype going on, making me wonder if these are sponsored reviews.

Input is appreciated.

Comments

• nononsensenononsense Member Posts: 10,928 ✭✭✭✭

I think the Arken has a lot of compensated reviewers. Influencers have wedged their way into our sport so reading reviews alone if proving to be counter productive. Understand that I have not used any of their products personally so use your best judgement.

BURRIS Veracity 5-15x50mm (30mm Tube) Matte SFP Ballistic E2 Ret

We've had a couple of these in shop and they seem to good quality with a reticle suited to targets or hunting. I just posted one example, check elsewhere for best price.

I went back through the scopes I use for 600 and 1,000 yard shooting because I don't have that many. The ones used by the best shooters (sponsored...) are getting to be prohibitively expensive by my thinking. When you have to account for a $3 - $4,000 scope on top of an $4,000 rifle, your initial hole starts out being real deep.

I did find one of the scopes I still use at slightly longer ranges, the Zeiss Conquest HD5, 5-25x50 which should be at the high end of your range. I really like this scope and the reticles available. These are no longer made but new ones are still available through various sources.

The one that might just be the most acceptable though is the Vortex Viper PST 6-24x50. I've used these successfully on moderately priced longer range rifles. They have a great warranty.

Best.

• bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭

Good for you! This will work wonders at 600 OR 1,000 yards.

Yes. 34mm rings get charged a premium compared to the slightly more standard 30mm rings.

Please post a review after you get a chance to work with it.

Best.

• bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭

WOW, I hit that just at the right time. It is now $100.00 more than it was last night when I bought it.

I plan on a lot of 6BR and 6 ARC shooting this summer. I will keep you posted most likely in the reloading forum on how things work out.