In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Proper way to cancel an invalid sale

Mackie90Mackie90 Member Posts: 8

Hey guys, I'm new to gunbroker and someone from IL bought some ammo from me and I need to cancel the order. What's the best way to do that? He is new to gunbroker as well so I don't want to make a big deal out of it. Also, there is no way to offer to the next bidder correct? That could cause major bidding fraud if allowed I'm guessing.

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,381 ***** Forums Admin
    edited January 2021

1- No way to "cancel" an order/auction on GB once it has a bid.

2- The only resolution is (A) You file a non-paying bidder claim, and relist the auction. This way you get your auction fees back, but the buyer gets a black mark. The only way to save the buyer a demerit is (B) You be a nice guy, and pay the auction fees out of your pocket, or (C) The buyer pays you the auction seller fees.

3- You are correct, no offer to second bidder.

• Options

Thanks! I sent the buyer the options.

• Options
    GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,749 ✭✭✭✭

I LIVE in Illinois, what was the issue?

• Options
    waltermoewaltermoe Member Posts: 1,943 ✭✭✭✭

You can ship ammo to Illinois,  however you can't ship ammo to Chicago or Cook county.  Have them send you a copy of their F.O.I.D card.  As long as you told them to check their local laws first your good. 

• Options

Hey guys, this person lives in SAINT CHARLES, IL. I'm a private individual and not an FFL business. I just don't want any legal issues. It's 22lr ammo. Just by me having a copy of the FOID I'm good?

• Options
    GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,749 ✭✭✭✭

That's in DuPage and Kane county. FOID ok

• Options
    Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,381 ***** Forums Admin
    edited January 2021

You do know that there are some special requirements for shipping ammo, right? You do know that you can't just put it in the mail/UPS/FedEx, and let 'er rip?

For some good information on shipping ammo, see the current post titled as such here in Ask the Experts

• Options
    Stingray_001Stingray_001 Member Posts: 1

Three times in the last two days I had people in states bid on a rifle they cannot legally purchase in their state… I canceled those orders and explained it to them. The second time I updated my listing to warn them to make sure they could legally purchase. And then it happens a third time. I don’t want to be nice and pay $70.03 different times and cover the seller fee. What am I supposed to do? I canceled the first two orders and relisted just to have that happen to more times. Not sure what to do

• Options
    nononsensenononsense Member Posts: 10,928 ✭✭✭✭

Stingray_001,

Welcome to the GB forums!

I'm sorry this thread got as far as it did but Auction questions such as yours and the others are handled by Auction Support. You must file a question such as yours with the folks on the Auction side. It might take some time for them to respond but I encourage patience since they are your only avenue. Support is swamped with all the influx of new members and massive sales needing help.

Our Posting Guidelines will detail the reasons for handling questions like this:

Best.

This discussion has been closed.