In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

colt sf vi 38 special revolver

ford406goford406go Member Posts: 3

seeking some info on actual "sold" price averages? can anyone help? please? thank you in advance..

Comments

• Options
    William81William81 Member Posts: 24,586 ✭✭✭✭

I sold one about 2 years ago for 1350.00 in a private sale to an FFL.

• Options
    nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,879 ✭✭✭✭

If you are registered to sell on Gunbroker, you can browse the COMPLETED listings. (Sort by highest number of bids first.)

Neal

• Options
    ford406goford406go Member Posts: 3

friend, thank you, for the help. i have one in the box and am thinking of listing it. just wanted to find a happy median in price on it. thank you again

• Options
    nononsensenononsense Member Posts: 10,928 ✭✭✭✭

ford406go,

Welcome to the GB Forums!

This may be obvious so don't think I'm adding this for no reason.

If your offering is 'New in the Box' you should consider the listings offering NIB as being more correct for your price decision. NIB is a step above some of the other conditions of offers.

As most of the members here will agree, condition of a product is extremely important to the value.

Best.

• Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭

Quality photos are a must, for any high value firearms on our auction. Stainless guns with a high polished surface, are very difficult to photograph unfortunately. If you can make up a set-up with indirect lighting, it would be the best way to accurately photograph the Colt. Without indirect, defused lighting. The high polish, stainless surfaces, acts like a mirror, giving erroneous mottled photos.

Incidentally, thanks for the heads up. Never was even aware, the Colt made a stainless Detective Special.